SOLVED

Document library get email when new document is added

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I am working on setting up a "notify me" for my organisation. 

My problem is, that I only want to send emails out when a document is added to a specific library and NOT including the subfolders. 

I am using the "Notify me" button included in Sharepoint

EmilieNybo_0-1682323430283.png

But I can not seem to find how to manage this?

Thank you in advance!

Emilie

3 Replies

@EmilieNybo You can use Alert me option to create new alerts and Manage my alerts option to edit/delete your existing alerts from document library: 

ganeshsanap_0-1682324803693.pngDocumentationCreate an alert to get notified when a file or folder changes in SharePoint 

Another way of getting notifications when new files added to document library is to use Power Automate with the SharePoint connector.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap Thank you for your response!

As i mentioned my problem is not to setup the alert. But to get Sharepoint to not include the subfolders :)
Do you have a solution to this?

Best Rgards,
Emilie
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@EmilieNybo Unfortunately, this cannot be done using SharePoint out of the box Alerts functionality. You cannot customize alerts functionality to exclude subfolders from this functionality.

You have to use custom solution for this, using Power automate flow. You can use "When a file is created in a folder (deprecated)" trigger. The trigger does not fire if a file is added/updated in a subfolder.

DocumentationWhen a file is created in a folder (deprecated)  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@EmilieNybo Unfortunately, this cannot be done using SharePoint out of the box Alerts functionality. You cannot customize alerts functionality to exclude subfolders from this functionality.

You have to use custom solution for this, using Power automate flow. You can use "When a file is created in a folder (deprecated)" trigger. The trigger does not fire if a file is added/updated in a subfolder.

DocumentationWhen a file is created in a folder (deprecated)  

View solution in original post