Lag settings

Copper Contributor

I have two calendars set up one with a standard week & another weekends only. I want to add a lag for a task which is a weekend activity with the standard week calendar and not the weekend only calendar. Is this possible? 

4 Replies
Bkirby88 --

If you want the task to occur on a weekend, you need to apply the weekend work calendar to the task. Does that help? If not, please follow up with additional questions. Thanks!
Hi,

Not quite.
For example:
Task 1 - Issue purchase order to supplier ( Weekday calendar )
Task 2 - Complete work ( Weekend working ). I want to add a 60day Leadtime from the purchase order until the start of task 2 but it used the weekend working calendar, but the 60day lead time is during the normal working week.
BKirby88 --

I can confirm the odd behavior you are seeing. Yes, the Lag time amount is measured according to the Weekend calendar schedule and not the schedule of the Standard calendar. I would recommend that you do the following:

1. Break the dependency between task IDs #1 and #2.
2. Create a new task ID #2 named something like Wait for Delivery and set the Duration to 60d.
2. Link task IDs #1-3 with a Finish-to-Start dependency.

I think the above will solve your problem nicely. Hope this helps.

@BKirby88

The lag between Tasks 1 & 2 should be 24 days.

weekend calendar Lag.png

60 days in Standard calendar equals 12 weeks. 12 weeks in Weekend calendar is 12 x 2 days = 24 days.

=jerome

@PlannersPlace