SOLVED

New outlook, missing features

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I made the mistake this week of hitting the toggle on outlook to go to the new version. I will probably revert but I know that at some point it will be forced on us.

Here are a few things missing. If anyone has any insight please advise

-can’t slide an email from the inbox into a OneDrive folder

-can’t save multiple attachments at once

-can’t slide attachment into a one drive folder

-can’t duplicate an event by holding down ctrl and sliding the event into a different date.

Any ideas? How can I go about requesting these if they are omissions?

8 Replies

@René Gaudreau I have no solutions or advice.

I find the update to be disappointing. I have email templates/forms that I use regularly (including attachments) and I cannot find any way to use that in the updated format. I have gone back to the old one. 

Other things, like it's connectivity with TEAMS is cumbersome and unusable. 

best response confirmed by René Gaudreau (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@René Gaudreau 

I am an independent advisor answering questions about Outlook.

Your observation is correct. Many features are missing or perform differently.

• Saving multiple attachments to a location of choice is available. Click on the attachment and drop down menu to see the options.
  • Dragging to OneDrive is unsupported for now but you can used the method above.
  • To duplicate an event, right click on the event to review your options.

I have a dedicated video playlist  New Outlook to assist with your transition.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa
#traccreations4e

@René Gaudreau 

Calendar events are way worse and drove me to revert back. You can hardly attach anything to them in the new Outlook. I make a habit of dragging emails into my calendar events, so I (and anyone else I may invite to that event) have them right there when I need them. 

Currently, the only way to attach emails to calendar events is to revert to the old outlook. 

@NathanAtK 

You can add an email to your calendar.
See this video: https://youtu.be/hGq-LHo_Ihs?si=wG_DWwt2tb0n3UBt

For more New Outlook Calendar tips: https://youtu.be/tOZXXpcw1c0?si=sv4OB1FkRarFNCKT

I hope this helps.

/Teresa #traccreations4e

/Teresa

@René Gaudreau agreed. here are some features that i miss: 

- automatic foldering: you cannot create rules

- alot of keyboard shortcuts: pop out window shortcut; automatic foldering shortcut

- formatting limitations: cannot add lines and other features available in outlook 

- less intuitive: i have been offered colleagues personal emails (maybe emailed once) rather than automatically defaulting to the most common work email that has seen thousands of correspondence 

overall, less intuitive and functional. i hope it improves. 

This is a function amongst many others it seems that I used a lot in the old version too. I will not be using the rubbish new version until it is fit for purpose.
Why do Microsoft do this?!!! Make things worse not better!! It's beyond me!
You have barely scraped the list of ommisions in "New" Outlook.
I am nowhere near being able to use it to replace the current Outlook!

I noticed that Business contacts can not be sent from the new Outlook, something we use as a business with vendors and new contacts.@Teresa_Cyrus 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by René Gaudreau (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@René Gaudreau 

I am an independent advisor answering questions about Outlook.

Your observation is correct. Many features are missing or perform differently.

• Saving multiple attachments to a location of choice is available. Click on the attachment and drop down menu to see the options.
  • Dragging to OneDrive is unsupported for now but you can used the method above.
  • To duplicate an event, right click on the event to review your options.

I have a dedicated video playlist  New Outlook to assist with your transition.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa
#traccreations4e

View solution in original post