Auto-Correct and Shift+F3 features missing from Outlook (new)

Copper Contributor

I really miss 2 features:

1) Auto-correct options, where I for example always add a rule to replace "BR" to "Best regards," automatically, or replace common abbreviations to full phrases like product names.

2) When I don't have the lower/upper cases correctly, type e.g. WOrd, it's really convenient to use Shift+F3 to rotate between options (word/Word/WORD).

These are features that make work with Outlook (new) less effective, so I really recommend to add them to the new version as well.

These are actually MS Word features as far as I know, but it seems that the new Outlook does not benefit from Word's features anymore.

2 Replies

I couldn't agree more, especially regarding the fact that Autocorrect is missing. For me that is a real dealbreaker and is what is preventing me from switching to the new Outlook client.

@Gripenstedt 

I am noticing a lot of threads on the Auto-Correct topic. Most of the answers are not addressing the real problem. Auto-Correct functionality has been left out of NEW Outlook. All of the training that we have done for the words that we can't spell or the Acronyms our company uses have been left behind when settings were transferred and there is no functionality planned or otherwise available for us to replace it with.

I am moderately dyslexic I have a list of about 30 words that I haven't learned to spell properly in 50 years and am unlikely to learn before I die. It is a disability and Auto-Correct has been working for me as a tool that I don't have to ask my employer to provide for me. This tool has allowed me to advance in my career because once trained it just fixes those words automatically. I have been annoyed that Teams does not use my auto-correct dictionary for the last couple of years but endured because perfectly correct messages are not as mandatory as in more formal emails and I thought that eventually you would get that added in.

It looks to me now that you are leaving AutoCorrect out of office going forward.

Is it an ADA violation when a software vendor removes functionality that thousands of disabled people rely on? I am one of those high functioning adults that rely on things like auto correct to not appear illiterate.