SOLVED

Missing feature of adding a shared calendar to Outlook New

Copper Contributor

I have not been able to find any options in Outlook (New) to add a colleague's shared calendar to my Outlook's calendar sidepanel. I had to use the old Outlook to look at someone's calendar, and even if I added the calendar to the panel in the former Outlook, that one did not show up in the list within Outlook (new).

I have not found anything in the Add calendar section, no right-click actions, nothing.

Any chance to have a feature like this in the near future?

Thanks.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by szekeresz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @szekeresz,

there is an option to add a shared calender in the New Outlook.

You can add a shared calender by clicking on the Calender icon in the left menu, then by clicking on Add calender button.
After that, click on the Add from a directory, choose your account and choose a person, group or the resource which shared calender do you want do add.

LeonPavesic_1-1709818940775.png

LeonPavesic_2-1709819089640.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

@LeonPavesic 

Thanks for the answer. I can confirm it works. It's a bit weird that I have to choose an account to search from, especially when I have only one. That first step made me confused and gave up going on in the process. But in the end it works as you said.

Thanks again.

Hi @szekeresz,

you are welcome, thanks for your update.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by szekeresz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @szekeresz,

there is an option to add a shared calender in the New Outlook.

You can add a shared calender by clicking on the Calender icon in the left menu, then by clicking on Add calender button.
After that, click on the Add from a directory, choose your account and choose a person, group or the resource which shared calender do you want do add.

LeonPavesic_1-1709818940775.png

LeonPavesic_2-1709819089640.png

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

View solution in original post