SOLVED

OneDrive is updating files...

Brass Contributor

MikeEEE_0-1700654831266.png

This is after a clean Windows 10 install.  It's been like this for over 24 hours.

7 Replies

Halfway expecting the result of processing 5,800 changes is to format my entire account here :thinking_face:

Can't offer any advice without knowing size and volume of files, network speeds, how many files have been shared or are synced to other devices....

@Mike Williams 

Thank you for your reply. There is about 860MB of data. I am not sure how other devices are involved as (as I understand it) it is just between the OneDrive server and this PC.  Please let me know what I have misunderstood.

I will say that the activity seems low:

2023-11-22 (1).png

Still goin...

2023-11-23.png

Still goin...

2023-11-24.png

best response confirmed by Mike-E (Brass Contributor)
Solution
We don't know in advance what your OneDrive configuration is. If you have OneDrive installed on multiple devices then it will be syncing updates via the cloud across all those devices, including any documents you have shared with edit rights to other people.

Try the OneDrive troubleshooter (easy to find online) and also test turning off any other local services like antivirus, VPNs that may be inhibiting sync
Thank you for your continued suggestions. I did take a look into the troubleshooter, and encountered the `%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset` command. It landed on the same 5800 changes, but this time it said there were sync issues, which I then investigated. It turns out that these changes were due to write issues on the drive that I am using, which needed the owner to be updated. After doing this, the sync issues were resolved and everything is as expected. :thumbs_up:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mike-E (Brass Contributor)
Solution
We don't know in advance what your OneDrive configuration is. If you have OneDrive installed on multiple devices then it will be syncing updates via the cloud across all those devices, including any documents you have shared with edit rights to other people.

Try the OneDrive troubleshooter (easy to find online) and also test turning off any other local services like antivirus, VPNs that may be inhibiting sync

View solution in original post