SOLVED

Extremely slow sync for entire org

Copper Contributor

Starting last week, our entire organization has been experiencing an issue where OneDrive for Business is taking 5-15 hours to sync even simple, tiny text files. This is happening to all of our users, and I can replicate it 100% of the time.

To reproduce the issue, open the local OneDrive folder (either an individual drive or a synced SharePoint document library) and create a text file. It will sit there and not sync for 5-15 hours.

I have performed the OneDrive reset, unlinked the library, deleted the OneDrive registry hive, and uninstalled the application. After reinstalling and setting up the sync again (which pulls down files just fine), the upload sync still doesn’t work for hours.

I have disconnected from the VPN, connected to my personal Comcast network, and connected to my personal Verizon hotspot network. I have disabled Cortex and uninstalled it. This issue even occurs on a brand new, freshly imaged machine.

I went through a 2-hour call with Microsoft Support, showed them the problem existed, and the representative acknowledged it. He took a zip of the log files in my OneDrive folder and then vanished, never updating the ticket.

Also, there are ZERO sync issue errors. It does eventually sync just fine, but it takes days for users who regularly use this function. I am 100% certain that this issue is on Microsoft’s side, but I can’t seem to get anywhere with them. They just keep having me redo the same steps and then go silent when I prove to them it’s not a local client issue.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Aus-MHCD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aus-MHCD There's not much can be done from here as this is just random volunteers posting. I suggest you use whatever means you have to escalate with your Microsoft account representatives under your contract.

Good call on the MS account rep. I have been reaching out to our MSP, but I'll try to find our account rep now.  Thanks Mike! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aus-MHCD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aus-MHCD There's not much can be done from here as this is just random volunteers posting. I suggest you use whatever means you have to escalate with your Microsoft account representatives under your contract.

View solution in original post