12-10-2018 06:18 AM
12-10-2018 06:18 AM
We are using E3, outlook 365 in our company. Some of our users' outlook stop sync with exchange and ask for password, as shown in below image:
to fix the issue, I clear entries in Credential Manager, Delete Temporary Files, unchecked "Use Cached Exchange mode", restart system and check this again.
but after some couple of days, outlook again stop sync and ask for password.
I'll appreciate for any possible support to fix this issue permanently.
12-10-2018 06:33 AM
I had a similar problem a few days ago! Did the same as you! Nothing worked! I ended up doing an online repair on the installation and the problem was solved..
12-10-2018 06:34 AM
12-12-2018 11:59 PM
Thanks for response.
I tried to Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity, but there is no Key: DisableADALatopWAMOverride (DWORD)
Please see the screenshot:
12-13-2018 05:39 AMSolution
12-15-2018 09:54 PM
01-21-2019 07:30 AM - edited 01-21-2019 07:59 AM
I have the same problem, but making this registry change doesn't seem to solve it. Any advice? Is the registry entry below correct...? When editing I set the Value data to 1 Hexadecimal as shown.
It happened a week or so ago, and I eventually solved it by creating a new profile - which was a pain given I have half a dozen email accounts running through this copy of Outlook... Don't really want to do that once a week...
Perhaps I should also add that this is just one of several O365 accounts being accessed by this installation of Outlook. I also just deleted all Windows Credentials in Credential Manager - when I rebooted and restarted Outlook, I was asked for passwords for all the accounts except the one with the problem...
Any suggestions welcome.
01-23-2019 03:39 AM
@Christopher HoardHi Chris,
I'm afraid I can't remember the exact sequencing, but I think I added the registry entry, then when it didn't work, created a new profile as a last resort (may be wrong). The new profile worked and I thought 'great, I wonder if I can reinstall the account on the existing profile?" (to avoid reinstalling everything below...) which I did, and it worked there too... for a week. Clearly I don't understand the influence of the registry entry on any given profile, or indeed cause and effect between all this... So I'm now in the situation where neither profile works for that email address (O365 Business Essentials), so I have one profile just with that mailbox (not working) and the original profile showing mailboxes from:
All are working except the one mentioned. Perhaps I should also throw into the mix that when I emptied Credential Manager, there were lots of entries from Microsoft Teams, which I use for 4 of the above. I think I'm working the credentials system quite hard...
01-23-2019 03:55 AM
01-31-2019 12:54 PM
Hi @Christopher Hoard , An update. So, I put off the 'nuclear' option of rebuilding my multi-account profile from scratch due to needing to do some work, spent a couple of days logging onto that email via browser and phone, and.... today, after signing out of the profile on my Android phone (Coincidence? Possibly), the next time I logged in on my PC I got the magic 'enter password' box, put it in, and all is well again. Go figure... Thank you for your patience and guidance, but nothing more to see here! :)
04-15-2019 10:44 AM
@Satoshi Nishimura wrote:
In my case, removing my Office 365 account from "Access work or school" (Settings > Accounts > Access work or school) on Windows 10 solved that issue. Then, I connected my Office 365 account again, it worked.
Thank you so much! We've seen a pretty sizable influx of this issue over the past few weeks and this has worked without fail for us. You are a lifesaver.
07-16-2019 09:26 AM
Anyone else unable to enter the password when this happens? In Send/Receive it asks for the Exchange password, when I select that nothing happens. This happens to me every few months and is very frustrating. Just got back from a 10 Day vacation and spent 2 hours trying to access my outlook on my laptop.
Seems silly that there isn't an easier fix. Removing the account from settings and adding it back in did work.
07-29-2019 06:49 PM
I tried everything including several long winded calls with O365 support that went nowhere.
What worked for me was removing all credentials, Office etc. Removing the users product license on the 365 admin portal. Waiting 30 minutes before re-adding the product license and then reinstalling Office on the users PC.
08-12-2019 10:40 AM - edited 08-12-2019 11:01 AM
I have a quick fix, the issue is - all of my users are having this issue. Just Outlook 365. The "Need Password" link in Outlook does not work. Can we just get this fixed? I don't want to have to go around to my user base and fix each one every time they change their password.
Teams – log off, then back on (not sure if this is needed)
Open Outlook in safe mode (ctrl+click the icon) it may or may not open, then close it (might not be needed)
Outlook – create a new profile, log in as that profile - close outlook, log back into Outlook as the old profile (feel free to delete the newly created one after verifying it all works)
Nothing beats how quick this is and how easy. It is just a pain in the parts when the "Update Password" button should work.
10-30-2019 07:46 PM - edited 10-30-2019 08:01 PM
for this issue, i have a solution, i think you can try.
1st, you should rename old data
2nd, re-open outlook to check. if not, please repair Office 365 in uninstall explorer.
3rd,re-name .ost file to recover the email, dont need to get all email again.
02-03-2020 12:29 AM
It is easier to solve this issue if you go to account and disconnect the office 365 account and connect it back in the windows.
After that, please restart the outlook and no need to enter the password. It will connect. Before doing this step, I have deleted all the cached credentials in the credential Manager.
It worked for me.
Hope this is helpful.