SOLVED

VIEW ALL PARTICIPANTS IN VIDEO MEETING

Brass Contributor

We have 8 people on a daily video meeting in Teams.

Default setup gives 3 or 4 video screens and then rest only appear as small icons in the bottom corner. We need it so all 8 can be seen with the member speaking being a larger window and the others still visible in video, but in smaller tiles. (similar to how it looks in Zoom)

Is it possible to reconfigure settings?

199 Replies

Have you read some of the other comments to this post? I think what he said pales in comparison to some earlier ones. I don't think my own District gets Microsoft free (but I could be wrong) It's frustrating to try to teach, manage 20 students remotely, and figure out the technology at the same time.  I have received great advice and some frustration.  I will take them both.  It's a rough life out here.  Let's be kind to each other. Hopefully we will have solutions to these dilemmas soon.   I don't use zoom in my instruction, but do attend zoom meetings and there's definitely a better feeling of community, which is sorely needed in Teams.  Thank you ALL!

@Steven Collier 

@Andre_LeBlanc 

I highly recommend reading the Infinite Game by Simon Sinek or watch his clips about the infinite game.

Main point to gain from it, is to stop comparing and competing with other products in the market AND accepting that there are products that have better functionalities than your product.

Instead, try to out do yourself as a company, compete against your self (self -improvement), try to meet the expectations of your customers and try to manage their expectations eloquently.

I wish that you will find some inspirations in the words above.

P.s. the recommendation is more for your superiors as you mostly respond and play in the environment that they have created.

@Linus Cansby 

@Steven Collier 

Are by any chance aware of aware of any ETA for the 3x3 feature given we are almost at the end of April? Can't really find anything official from Microsoft yet..

@sFerno This is copied from Message center (MC209274)

"We are pleased to announce that the number of participants that can be viewed simultaneously during a Teams meeting will increase from 4 to 9. Additionally we are working on increasing this limit even further so that more participants can be viewed simultaneously.

We'll begin rolling this out in late April and expect to be complete by early May."

I did a video meeting this morning with 3 participants and only my video showed in the bottom right corner. The other participants only had a profile pic showing, not their video - until they spoke and popped up on the large screen.

@Linus Cansby 

@Bonnie2020 Did you use the desktop client? (https://teams.microsoft.com/download).

Hi. We were using online Teams. We have a call set up for this afternoon using the downloaded app so I’ll see how that works.

@Linus Cansbythe english version I have installed seems to be the latest, I got as latest "what's new" the feature below. I suppose a 3x3 mosaic feature would show up in the "what's new"...

April 20, 2020

Let attendees who dial in bypass the meeting lobby

They said end of April for 3x3 so any day now.
The reason Zoom is in trouble is bec their default was bypass the wait room. Better safe than sorry. You can set it up when you set up your meeting to bypass.
Thank you I’ll try this
Thank you I’ll try this

@Linus Cansby   Any updates on progress?  This user requested feature seems incredibly popular.  

@linuscanby yes! Very!!!

@mslexijo @noronjo @Brooks457 

Hello, as been mentioned several times in this conversation the number of participants that can be viewed simultaneously during a Teams meeting will increase from 4 to 9. As for the roll-out they said "We'll begin rolling this out in late April and expect to be complete by early May". They are working on increasing this limit even further so that more participants can be viewed simultaneously.

Regarding Teams client updates, the interval normally occurs every two weeks. If a critical update is required Teams will bypass this schedule and release the update as soon as it's available. As far as I understand this is defined as such.

Thanks for the clarification! Look forward to it.

@ChristianBergstrom 

Yes I understand that, however they having been saying that increase since 2019, and it keeps getting pushed back every couple of months.

The first recorded request for this was in 2016, and they said in 2017 it'd be ready "soon"....

Don't count your chickens until they're hatched, people.

@Tugsim @Jeff_Williams I acknowledge your responses as it can be quite frustrating when asking for new and updated features, especially when a suggestion has been posted a couple of years ago. But to be fair, this is unprecedented times and the need increased rapidly. At least they acting swiftly to get it out now, that is 3x3 (with more to be added).

Yup, appreciate that - but as it's been promised "soon" several times before, I've learned from painful experience not to believe in MS's promises until they're actually delivered.

When will this upgrade happen?@Linus Cansby