SOLVED

VIEW ALL PARTICIPANTS IN VIDEO MEETING

Brass Contributor

We have 8 people on a daily video meeting in Teams.

Default setup gives 3 or 4 video screens and then rest only appear as small icons in the bottom corner. We need it so all 8 can be seen with the member speaking being a larger window and the others still visible in video, but in smaller tiles. (similar to how it looks in Zoom)

Is it possible to reconfigure settings?

199 Replies
Hopefully they get the feature released before the restrictions are removed and we are all back at work!!

Zoom is much better for teaching and teams of more than 4 people. MS TEAMS is a collaboration tool not a teaching tool.

Students love Teams because they know that the teacher can only see 4 videos, so in a class of 30 students the other 26 can go to sleep and you won't know they're sleeping.

@R_Weebers 

@M_SAN04 

Zoom is much better for teaching and teams of more than 4 people. MS TEAMS is a collaboration tool not a teaching tool.

Students love Teams because they know that the teacher can only see 4 videos, so in a class of 30 students the other 26 can go to sleep and you won't know they're sleeping.

How can I implement this view?

In the meantime while this feature is in development, is there a way to select which 4 people you see?

@Linus Cansby 

@mblock  yeah you can pin multiple people at a time. Just pin the 4 specific people you want to see

Yes! You can actually "pin" the people you wish to see. This choice is in the extended menu at the three dots at the top right, below "mute participant"
Well , I'm an undergraduate student of bs Software engineering and zoom is a mess for us specially now a days, because we have to attend online classes , the world is probably going to hell and here our teachers are keep asking to us to submit assignment , you will understand if you really faced that's condition else u will not

@aliajmal082 teachers asking you to submit an assignment really isn't that far-fetched. If you are unable to continue classes online you could try taking a semester off and pursuing a personal project or something while this cools down.

Everyone is effected by coronavirus, but your teachers still need to do their jobs. It's not that they are trying to actively hurt you by assigning homework. You, as a CS undergrad student (which I was as well), should be actively pursuing knowledge to better yourself.

Don't stress too much about coronavirus. It's unlikely that you will be severely impacted from a health perspective from it. Just focus on school, take this extra time to learn all that you can. I promise you will enjoy CS. 

Yeah exactly I'm enjoying , but I'm enjoying freelancing , it's super cool to working from home, because I'm introvert ;) . Best of luck you to , I was not serious so much like your response I know the current situation we are facing , I was just trying to have a fun , relax dude ! Haha stay save stay home!

Hi-trying to see all my students when I have a group of three.  Is it possible?  All of my students have district laptops and the Teams app on their devices.  Has Teams services been "scaled up?" 

Thanks

@Linus Cansby 

@IllWearAMask If you are in a meeting with three others you should see them all if you are using the desktop client for Teams. (https://teams.microsoft.com/download)

Does anyone know how to change your own video view so you can see it as part of the 4 on the screen when you are talking? Mine is staying in mini format in the bottom right and would be good to see what others can view a - it used to do this when in conversation?

@LeanneA1857  I haven't been able to find this either. I suspect that it isn't possible. If you submit a feature request let me know and I'll upvote it because this is something I'd like as well

It used to do this so it looks like a recent change? Your own image was always one of the 4 in views if you were in conversation?

@Tugsim Updated! 

"I sincerely thank everyone for your patience and enthusiasm. I know know those of you who haven’t received 3×3 view are anxiously awaiting this popular feature request. As you know, it is important for us to roll out gradually as we monitor signals to ensure the quality of our service remains high. This particular rollout has required a little more time than expected. At this point, we look to be on track to complete enabling for all users in the general public ring by the end of this week.

As I’ve said in past posts, we are continuing work to increase this limit even further."

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17010055-show-video-for-all-pe...

I'm just an old, cynical b*stard - still sticking to my guns on "believe it when I see it", which stood me in good stead back in 2017, again when April was suggested, again when the start of May was promised, and still stands the test of time today.

Think someone "put it on the Laterbase" as we engineers say...

I wholeheartedly agree (or whichever way is misspelled :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

I don't know who said this, but it works for me:

"Expect nothing, and you will never be disappointed"

I, for one, look forward to the day that I will sign-on and see a nice 3x3 grid.  It will be the highlight of my day☺

@Tugsim 

@Tugsim Haha. Well, I have an update from the product team.

"I wanted to clarify that the 3x3 video is currently rolling out, and we expect it to be enabled for 100% of users in the Public ring by May 15th."

*fingers crossed* ;)