SOLVED

How to Bulk Convert HEIC images to JPG on Windows 11 PC?

Copper Contributor

Surprisingly, the photos taken on my iPhone 13 Pro are saved in .heic format when I connected it to my Windows 11 PC and plan to edit some of them in Photoshop. I have roughly 1000 images on iPhone and would love to learn a fast way to bulk convert .heic to jpg on my PC.

[Update] Still receive notification from this thread from time to time. Actually, I installed a few heic converters, the one that finally worked is TunesBro HEIC Converter, suggested by Mohamed857. Here is the step-by-step tutorial you can check out.

Note:  Be careful with the first link suggested by KorayKazak. User mldobbs62 reported that he has been charged $39.99 by SoftOrbits Convert HEIC to JPG.

tunesbro heic converter success.png

Also tried iMazing Converter but the conversion failed on my computer.

imazing converter error.png

45 Replies

@orizine815 

Yes I did. They advertised a $3.99/mo payment so that is what I was purchasing. Instead they charged my card for the full $39.99 and then I received nothing. The download I received was only to buy more product from them.

Through the night I received an email with a key, however I needed that product right away to complete a report I was working on. Therefore I purchased something from a more trustworthy site. I am desperately trying to get my money back.

I find that my "Most Compatible" setting gets switched to HEIC on occasion with updates and I don't know until its too late. And you can't go back and switch it when you upload. For those instances where the picture was taken in HEIC, this is the way to convert them. I just tried sending photos to OneDrive again and found that my setting reverted back to HEIC again. So I don't bother with the setting anymore, I just convert using my methods.

@Josephnyz Can anyone tell me if there are any FREE APPS to convert HEIC to JPEG!? I'm not a big user but I need this to list something I'm trying to sell~Thanks Linda

Hi, Linda. I'm not sure whether anyone has replied yet and I'm not a regular user of a conversion app BUT if you check out this somewhat long stream of messages, there are several suggestions for apps. Good luck!

@Mohamed857 

TunesBro charges.  This whole heic photo racket is really not cool.  I don't like that these suggestions are claiming to help but want to charge you.  Anyone have a real recommendation...?

@Josephnyz best way I've found that integrates really well into the UI is Microsoft Power Toys' Power Rename function. Selecting the files in question and running Power Rename can change extensions, and Windows does the conversion for you.