SOLVED

How to Bulk Convert HEIC images to JPG on Windows 11 PC?

Copper Contributor

Surprisingly, the photos taken on my iPhone 13 Pro are saved in .heic format when I connected it to my Windows 11 PC and plan to edit some of them in Photoshop. I have roughly 1000 images on iPhone and would love to learn a fast way to bulk convert .heic to jpg on my PC.

[Update] Still receive notification from this thread from time to time. Actually, I installed a few heic converters, the one that finally worked is TunesBro HEIC Converter, suggested by Mohamed857. Here is the step-by-step tutorial you can check out.

Note:  Be careful with the first link suggested by KorayKazak. User mldobbs62 reported that he has been charged $39.99 by SoftOrbits Convert HEIC to JPG.

tunesbro heic converter success.png

Also tried iMazing Converter but the conversion failed on my computer.

imazing converter error.png

44 Replies
Hi Joseph
Please try the App from Microsoft Store:
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/convert-heic-to-jpg/9NQ3X56FNPWV?hl=de-de&gl=de
Otherwise, I recommend opening your recordings in OneDrive Web. This way you can zip them and then upload them to OneDrive and view them with the integrated Windows Photo app.
Kind regards
Koray Kazak

@KorayKazak Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a English version of the app? The link you shared is in German.

Cloud Converter would be a nice choice if you don't concern much about the privacy.

CloudConvert is a powerful online file conversion service that supports over 200 different file formats, including HEIC, JPG, and more. It allows users to convert files without installing any software on their computer, making it a convenient solution for various file conversion needs. The platform is designed with an easy-to-use interface, enabling users to quickly convert files without any prior technical knowledge.

Please be cautious when using online converters, as uploading personal or sensitive images to third-party websites might pose privacy risks. Also, the conversion speed may depend on your internet connection and the size of the files being converted.

There are many online sites that can help you convert .heic to jpg on Windows 11 PC, but remember to clear your history after converting photos to prevent them from leaking out. In addition, converting 1000 images online can take a long time, so if you want to convert photos in bulk and quickly, it is recommended to try professional software.

@Pastapumbaa  Tried 10 heic images but 4 of them are blurred. Seems not a high quality converter here.

Yes its also supporting US English, just go in your MS Store and search for the App, if you have your OS in English you would be preffered to install the English Version :D

Hello,
I understood from what I read that the photos are indeed stored as HEIC in the phone's memory.

However, instead of importing your photos as HEIC and then converting them on your PC, you should be able to import them directly as JPG (having the phone convert them upon transfer). For this, change the settings on the iPhone. I have it in French but in English the option in the camera settings should be named something like "Transfer to Mac or PC" and then a choice between Original file (=HEIC) and Automatic (=HEIC when transferring to a Mac and JPG in other cases).

Yours,
Maxime

best response confirmed by Josephnyz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Certainly! To efficiently bulk convert .heic files to .jpg format on your Windows 11 PC, you can follow these steps:

1.Use Built-in Windows 11 Features:

• Open the folder containing your .heic images.
  • Select all the .heic files you want to convert (you can press Ctrl + A to select all).
  • Right-click on one of the selected files, and choose "Open with" > "Photos" to open them in the Windows Photos app.
  • In the Photos app, click the "..." (More options) button in the top-right corner, then select "Export" > "JPEG" as the format. This will convert and save the selected .heic files as .jpg in a separate folder.

2.Use Third-Party Software:

If you prefer a dedicated converter, you can download and install a third-party tool like "TunesBro HEIC Converter" These applications allow you to convert .heic files to .jpg in bulk quickly and easily.

batch_converting_img.jpg

Step by step: 

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/4-ways-to-convert-multiple-heic-to-jpg-on-windows-11-10.html#How_to_C...

3. Automate with Command Line:

• If you're comfortable with command-line tools, you can use a tool like "ImageMagick" to automate the conversion process. First, install ImageMagick, and then open Command Prompt.
  • Navigate to the folder containing your .heic files using the cd command.
  • Run the following command to convert all .heic files to .jpg:
    magick mogrify -format jpg *.heic
  • This command will convert all .heic files in the current folder to .jpg.

These methods should help you quickly convert your .heic images to .jpg format in bulk on your Windows 11 PC, making them compatible with Photoshop and other editing software.

@Josephnyz Can't beleive you have to go through this cr** just to have your images off your cr**y iphone I really hate apple and their money grabbing phones samsung win by miles as android is the closet thing to freedom. after searching for ages viewing stupid pointless sugestions  I found my own solution one that actually works and doesn't want you to pay to convert a silly image.

download ( IMAZING CONVERTER ) its free and converts bulk images its so simple to use

I agree with your sentiments. Still trying to convert via the suggested three dots route. 'Export' is not one of the options I have!? And I have Windows 11. Don't get it. I need to step away and regroup.

As I said download  that little free app just google it its called ( imazing converter ) it coverts bulk in no time worked for me though as I said I hate apple its a money grabbing stain @Ralph1952 

Hi. It's downloaded and thanks for your prompt reply. The HEIC photos are no longer on my phone. I need to convert the HEIC photos on my PC. Perhaps I'm impatient but I don't see an option to convert downloaded HEIC photos. Am I just not seeing that option?
The app I downloaded actually does HEIC photos on your PC just drag and drop them on to the apps window there is also a text in top left corner of imazing app saying (File) there you can choose directory or induvial files. as far as I'm aware I don't think it can convert straight from iphone unless you have your phones directory open on the PC, but as you said the images you are wanting converted are already on your PC so that's perfect if in doubt just highlight all the images in the images folder you have them in and drag them over to the imazing converters window and just drop them job done you should see them being converted after choosing a save directory that is I usually just create a folder inside the folder where my HEIC photos are so I know where to look afterwards.. hope that helps
Such a timely discussion. I was transferring all my travel pictures today and came across this problem. Your conversation was perfect for me. I downloaded this easy app, and it works! Seems this is a new issue that I've not ever had before. My phone is three years old, and this is the first time I have had this problem. Is it a new update?

@Mohamed857 

heic-img.png

Thank you for your recommendation, I know Apple's default photo format is HEIC, which is not always compatible with all devices and software. This became a headache for me when I tried to share some of my favorite photos with friends and family who were using Android or older Windows PCs.

That's when I stumbled upon TunesBro HEIC Converter. It promised to solve my compatibility issues by converting HEIC photos to more universally recognized formats like JPG, PNG, and BMP. Skeptical but hopeful, I decided to give it a shot.

My experience with TunesBro HEIC Converter was extremely positive. It solved my compatibility issues and made sharing my iPhone photos with friends and family hassle-free. It's become a must-have tool in my digital photography toolkit, and I highly recommend it to anyone dealing with HEIC format woes.

What's more, the converted photos looked just as good as the original HEIC files, with no noticeable loss in quality. This was crucial for me because I didn't want to compromise on the visual appeal of my photos.

@Josephnyz 

So, I recently got myself one of those fancy new iPhones, and it comes with this nifty HEIC photo format. It's all cool for saving space, but when it comes to sharing pics with friends who aren't on Team Apple, well, that's a bit of a pickle.

I decided to give TunesBro HEIC Converter a try after a friend recommended it to me. Here's how my experience went:

1. The main reason I got this software was to convert my HEIC photos to JPEG. All I had to do was drag and drop the HEIC files into the program, select the output format (JPEG, in my case), and click the "Convert" button. It was that simple.  I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the software converted my photos. Even when dealing with a batch of images, it didn't take long at all. This was a huge time-saver for me.

2. I was a bit concerned that the conversion might result in a loss of image quality, but that wasn't the case. The converted JPEG photos looked just as good as the original HEIC files.

I'd definitely recommend giving TunesBro HEIC Converter a try, it solved the compatibility issue I had with HEIC photos and made sharing images a breeze. Plus, the software was so user-friendly that I didn't feel like I needed to be a tech guru to use it effectively.

@Josephnyz 

Certainly! I also used TunesBro HEIC Converter to change lots of .heic image to PNG, it saved the day when I found myself stuck with HEIC format photos on my iPhone, causing compatibility headaches with non-Apple devices. Its hassle-free installation and user-friendly interface made converting HEIC to JPEG a breeze, preserving image quality while delivering lightning-fast results.

Hello CitizenSmith. Thanks again for your support and tips. This discussion has certainly prompted a lot more attention. Rather timely sounds like. Thanks again!
no problem. I think Apple did change something as I recall transferring images before as I have them on my PC and didn't need a third party app. I wish I kept to my Samsung android wins hands down in every department, apple just sucks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Josephnyz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Certainly! To efficiently bulk convert .heic files to .jpg format on your Windows 11 PC, you can follow these steps:

1.Use Built-in Windows 11 Features:

• Open the folder containing your .heic images.
  • Select all the .heic files you want to convert (you can press Ctrl + A to select all).
  • Right-click on one of the selected files, and choose "Open with" > "Photos" to open them in the Windows Photos app.
  • In the Photos app, click the "..." (More options) button in the top-right corner, then select "Export" > "JPEG" as the format. This will convert and save the selected .heic files as .jpg in a separate folder.

2.Use Third-Party Software:

If you prefer a dedicated converter, you can download and install a third-party tool like "TunesBro HEIC Converter" These applications allow you to convert .heic files to .jpg in bulk quickly and easily.

batch_converting_img.jpg

Step by step: 

https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/4-ways-to-convert-multiple-heic-to-jpg-on-windows-11-10.html#How_to_C...

3. Automate with Command Line:

• If you're comfortable with command-line tools, you can use a tool like "ImageMagick" to automate the conversion process. First, install ImageMagick, and then open Command Prompt.
  • Navigate to the folder containing your .heic files using the cd command.
  • Run the following command to convert all .heic files to .jpg:
    magick mogrify -format jpg *.heic
  • This command will convert all .heic files in the current folder to .jpg.

These methods should help you quickly convert your .heic images to .jpg format in bulk on your Windows 11 PC, making them compatible with Photoshop and other editing software.

View solution in original post