Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

A app called 't' always tries to prevent reboots and shut downs. What is it?

Copper Contributor

Whenever I try to reboot or shut down my laptop, for a few seconds I see this message:

t

This app is preventing you from restarting.

I've looked on the task manager but I can't find any apps named 't' running on the background, I've also done a full scan for viruses, nothing.

Any ideas? Thank you.

PXL_20220424_133828910.jpg

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
35 Replies

Hey! I just set up my new gaming PC and got the same "t app" error... So no. It's not fixed yet by Logitech... Weak.

@SFA1957 

@XBlue27  thanks a lot for that info! I was about to reinstall  my windows because i couldn't find why this dumb error was happening and I was worried it could be some kind of malware!

Unfortunately i'm going to have to live with this until logitech fixes it.. My device does not support the older version :(

i havethis issues as well. 

my devicedoes not support older versions. 

thanks for the fix.

@dantrius 

Guys! There was an update for the new app and it fixes the shutdown issues! 🤩🥳

@EliasPoveda t like as in a letter representation of the MSI afterburner jetfighter icon maybe...   That is what i am 99% sure it is. Mine started right after installing MSI afterburner for my RTX graphics card.

@EliasPoveda It has something to do with Logitech software there new update 

@Ninja1967 

hi, i have that too but only on my Mx3 with Unifying device on my laptop.

I also have a Mx3s on my main PC via BOLT device and that one doesn't show the "T" upon restart & shutdown.

Just went through some uninstall procedure as instructed by logitech support, it doesn't happen all the time though.

I am seeing this too for ages now (2022?).what's your options+ version you said would fix this?

Mine is 1.50.447400. Bolt is not present.

@Karl_Wester-EbbinghausI uninstalled Logitech HUB

not installed here :\ The version stated is the latest, too. I believe an older version created something and only upgrading it won't fix it.

hey guys, i had the logitech people looking at it...

strange fact for me now:

Desktop PC, i have a Mx3s on bolt and there's no more the "T" issue after latest update

Laptop PC, i have a Mx3 on unifying and this HAS the T issue.

they are both on the latest release of Logi+ which is 1.50.447400

UPDATE: happened again today on the desktop PC, but was a while

@EliasPoveda 

Hello,

this T program is a service usued by Option+ Logitech. my advise is to setup your keyboard and mouse shortcuts and settings after that you need to go msconfig via windows search and go to Services tab and disable Option+. by rebooting your os the issue should be gone. 
thanks 
RK

Restart your computer normally and try to shut down or reboot. If the issue does not occur, enable each disabled service one by one and restart your PC until you identify the problematic service.