SOLVED

A app called 't' always tries to prevent reboots and shut downs. What is it?

Copper Contributor

Whenever I try to reboot or shut down my laptop, for a few seconds I see this message:

t

This app is preventing you from restarting.

I've looked on the task manager but I can't find any apps named 't' running on the background, I've also done a full scan for viruses, nothing.

Any ideas? Thank you.

PXL_20220424_133828910.jpg

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
35 Replies

@EliasPoveda Hi, I also have this issue. Have done scans and nothing comes up. Did you find out what application or process it was?

Same issue here - Windows 11 21H2

Anyone solved this problem?

@EliasPoveda 

I have exactly the same issue. Windwos 11.
Try to look through windows services to see if you can find anything. If not click restart anyway if all work is saved. This should help.

@EliasPoveda 

I've been seeing this app T and an unnamed app slowing shutdown for about a week and it's driving me nuts.  BitDefender found nothing.

Just installed Avast Premium and scanned my D: Drive where I put my data separate from C:  Avast picked up 2 viruses: RTF:CVE-2017-0199-J (Expl) and Win32:MiscX-gen (PUP). Am going to remove and see what happens when I restart Windows.

Oh well, removing these did not get rid of app T and the uknown app. Continuing to scan

I am running Windows 10 and the same app is running on my system nothing shows up in registry. I did find 4 links to software that had been deleted so deleted those. Will do a reboot after this post to see if that helped.

Randy

Ok, just rebooted that cleaned up the issue and it also rebooted faster than it has since this issue happened. Try something like CCleaner or another program that will clean your registry of unattached links.

Randy

OK, the error came back it seems the following is the issue and I don't know how to correct it long term:

ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} Randy

I delete it and after a period of time it reappears.

Randy
same issue here. Will we have an answer from Microsoft?
Is this something we need to address it?
best response confirmed by EliasPoveda (Copper Contributor)
Solution

SOLUTION : Do you use Logi Options+ , in my case problem was Options+ when I uninstall it and install Options (which is older but have no issue with shutdown)  problem solved.

@XBlue27 

Yes, I do use Options+ and that can be my case too. It's good at least that it's not a malware. Thank you.

@XBlue27 

Yep, that solved the issue. It is Options+.

I too had this problem, nice to know someone figured it out. But now what? Did you all just delete the Options+ program and are not using it or did you reinstall and the problem is gone, or not? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EliasPoveda (Copper Contributor)
Solution

SOLUTION : Do you use Logi Options+ , in my case problem was Options+ when I uninstall it and install Options (which is older but have no issue with shutdown)  problem solved.

View solution in original post