Tech Community Live: Windows edition
Jun 05 2024, 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

How do I recover deleted videos from Android on Windows 11 computer?

Copper Contributor

I accidentally deleted some videos from my Android phone, but some important memories and work-related videos that I need to recover. I have already checked the trash folder on my phone and there's no way to restore the deleted files from there. I have tried looking for solutions online, but none seem to work.

I need help finding a reliable solution to recover deleted videos for Android on Windows 11 computer. Thanks.

3 Replies

Google Drive provides a seamless and efficient way to back up your essential data, ensuring that your photos, videos, documents, and other files are safely stored in the cloud. This backup solution is especially valuable in today's digital age, where data loss due to device failure, loss, or theft can be a significant concern.

1. Open Google Drive App: Start by opening the Google Drive app on your Android device. If you don't have it installed, you can download it from the Google Play Store.

2. Go to Trash: In the Google Drive app, locate the menu (three horizontal lines), often found in the top left corner. Tap on it to open the menu options and select "Trash" or "Bin," depending on your app's version.

3. Find Deleted Files: In the Trash or Bin, you'll see a list of files and folders that have been deleted. Browse through this list to find the videos and photos you want to recover.

4. Select Files for Recovery: Once you've found the files you wish to recover, tap on the three dots (more options) next to the file name and then select "Restore." For some versions, you might need to long-press the file to select it and then find the Restore option, often represented by a circular arrow symbol.

5. Restore Files: After selecting "Restore," your deleted videos and photos will be moved back to their original location in your Google Drive. From there, you can download them back to your device if needed.

If you cannot find your videos and photos in the Google Drive Trash, they might have been permanently deleted. Google Drive typically keeps files in the Trash for 30 days before permanently deleting them, although this duration can vary based on your settings and policies set by your organization (for workspace users).

To recover deleted videos from Android device on a Windows 11 computer, you can use third-party data recovery software. Here’s how to do it:

Method 1: Using EaseUS MobiSaver
1. Download and install EaseUS MobiSaver on your Windows 11 computer.
2. Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
3. Launch EaseUS MobiSaver and select your Android device from the list of available drives.
4. Click on the "Scan" button to start the scan process.
5. After the scanning process is complete, the recoverable files will be displayed on the screen.
6. Find the deleted videos and select them.
7. Click on the "Recover" button to start the recovery process.
8. Choose a location on your Windows 11 computer to save the recovered videos.

Method 2: Using Disk Drill
1. Download and install Disk Drill on your Windows 11 computer.
3. Launch Disk Drill and select your Android device from the list of available drives.
4. Click on the "Search for lost data" button.
5. The software will initiate a quick scan to find the lost files.
6. Once the scan is complete, select the deleted videos from the results.
7. Click on the "Recover" button to recover deleted videos from Android
8. Choose a location on your Windows 11 computer to save the recovered videos.

Make sure not to overwrite any existing data on your Android device while recovering deleted videos. Also, avoid disconnecting the device while the recovery process is still going on.

To recover deleted videos from an Android device without using Disk Drill, you can try the following methods:

Recycle Bin or Recently Deleted Folder:

1. Some file managers or gallery apps have a "Recycle Bin" or "Recently Deleted" folder where deleted files are temporarily stored.
2. Open your file manager or gallery app and look for these folders.
3. If you find the deleted videos there, select them and choose the option to restore or recover.

Android Data Recovery Software:
There are several reputable Android data recovery software options available, such as Dr.Fone.

1. Download and install the software on your computer.
3. Launch the installed software and follow the on-screen instructions to enable USB debugging on your Android device.
4. Once the software detects your device, select the option to recover deleted videos.
5. The software will scan your device and display the recoverable videos. Select the ones you want to recover and save them to your computer.

Remember to perform the data recovery process as soon as possible after the videos are deleted. The longer you wait, the higher the chance of the deleted videos being overwritten by new data. Hence, it's crucial to act quickly to increase the likelihood of successful recovery.