How do I record my screen on Windows 11 with sound

Copper Contributor

I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm encountering some difficulties with a task that I think many of you might have experience with. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to record my screen on Windows 11 with sound. While I've found the built-in screen recording tool in Windows 11 to be quite straightforward for capturing video, I'm struggling to include audio in my recordings.

I've done some basic troubleshooting like checking my microphone and system sound settings, but I haven't had much luck so far. It's crucial for my work to create high-quality screen recordings that include both the screen activity and the accompanying audio, so any advice, tips, or recommendations from this community would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

@Smithchow 

When I upgraded to Windows 11, I hit a snag with screen recording, especially including sound, which felt like hitting a brick wall. The built-in tool just wasn’t cutting it for me, leaving me in a bit of a bind since I needed to record both my screen and audio for work.

Enter Aiseesoft Screen Recorder. This tool was a game-changer. Not only did it handle video and audio recording seamlessly, but it was also intuitive to use—no endless fiddling with settings or configurations. The video quality was top-notch, and it captured audio perfectly, whether from the mic or the system sounds.

screen_recorder.png

What I appreciated most was how it simplified the whole process. It turned a frustrating task into something straightforward and, dare I say, enjoyable. The difference in the quality of my recordings was night and day, and it relieved a lot of the stress I was feeling.

record_desktop.png

So, if you're struggling with screen recording on Windows 11,  Screen Recorder might just be what you need. It certainly was for me!

I download it here, it's free: https://www.androidphonesoft.com/best-video-recorders-for-windows-11

Screen recording on Windows 11 with audio should be straightforward once everything's set up correctly. If you're still stuck, don't hesitate to reach out to the community with any error messages or specific issues you're encountering.

@Smithchow 

Sure thing! To record your screen with audio on Windows 11, follow these steps:

1. Check Audio Settings: Ensure your microphone is set as the default device in Sound settings.
  2. Use Xbox Game Bar: Press Win+G to open the Game Bar, make sure "Record audio
  3. when I record a game" is on in the settings. Adjust Privacy Settings: Go to Settings > Privacy & security > Microphone, and enable
  4. "Let apps access your microphone". Make sure Xbox Game Bar is allowed.
    Consider Third-Party Software: If the built-in tool isn't cutting it, try OBS Studio for more
  5. control over audio and video.
    Update Drivers: Ensure your audio drivers are up to date through Device Manager.

Quick, simple, and should get your recordings including both screen and audio!

@Smithchow 

There are several screen recording software that allow you to record screen on Windows 11 with sound. Here are some options you can try:

ShareX - ShareX is a free and open-source screen recording software with plenty of features and customization options. It can capture video and audio, along with screenshots and GIFs.

Loom - Loom is a free screen recording software that lets you quickly capture and share your screen with audio. It is ideal for creating quick how-to videos or sharing presentations.

ActivePresenter - ActivePresenter is a free screen recording software that is designed for creating software demos, tutorials, and e-learning content. It can capture video, audio, and webcam footage.

To use these software to record your screen with audio, simply download and install the software on your Windows 11 PC, and follow the instructions to start recording. You may need to adjust some settings to enable audio recording or configure your microphone input.

PowerPoint's screen recording tool is integrated into the application, eliminating the need for third-party software for screen capture. This feature is particularly useful for educators, trainers, and professionals who want to create engaging presentations that include demonstrations, tutorials, or walkthroughs of software applications. You can record your entire screen or select specific areas to capture, and you also have the option to record audio from your microphone and the system audio.

How to record screen on Windows 11 with sound via PPT:

Step 1: Access the Screen Recording Feature

• Open your PowerPoint presentation.
  • Navigate to the "Insert" tab on the ribbon.
  • In the "Media" section, click on "Screen Recording."

Step 2: Select the Area to Record

• After clicking on "Screen Recording," a control dock appears at the top of your screen. Click on "Select Area" to choose the part of your screen you want to record. You can select a specific window or draw a rectangle over the area manually.
  • If you want to record the entire screen, simply click anywhere on the screen without drawing a rectangle.

Step 3: Choose Your Audio and Recording Options

• Before starting the recording, decide if you want to record audio and the pointer. Toggle the "Record Pointer" and "Record Audio" options as needed. These options are available in the control dock.

Step 4: Start Recording

• Click on "Record" in the control dock. There will be a brief countdown, and then your recording will start.
  • Perform the actions you want to capture on your screen. You can speak through your microphone if you have enabled audio recording.

Step 5: Stop and Save the Recording

• To stop recording, you can either click the "Stop" button in the control dock or press the Windows key + Shift + Q shortcut.
  • After stopping, the recording will be automatically inserted into the current slide in your PowerPoint presentation.

Step 6: Edit and Adjust Your Recording

• Once inserted, you can trim the recording, adjust playback options, and resize or reposition the video on your slide.

Recording your screen on Windows 11 with sound can be accomplished by using the built-in tool, Snipping Tool, which has been updated to include screen recording features. First, ensure that your system's sound settings are properly configured to capture the audio you intend to record, whether it's system sounds, microphone input, or both.

To start, open the Snipping Tool from the Start menu or by searching for it. In the Snipping Tool's interface, you'll find an option to switch from image capture mode to screen recording mode. Before you begin recording, you can choose the audio source you want to include in your recording via the app's settings. Ensure the correct audio source is selected to capture the sound accompanying your screen recording.

Once you're ready to record, select the area of the screen you wish to capture or choose to record the full screen. Then, click the record button to start capturing both your screen and the selected audio. The Snipping Tool allows you to pause and resume the recording as needed, giving you flexibility in what you capture.

After you've finished recording, you can stop the recording, and the file will be automatically saved to your chosen location. The Snipping Tool also provides basic options for trimming your video before saving, allowing you to remove unwanted sections from the beginning or end of your recording. This built-in functionality in Windows 11 makes it convenient and straightforward to record your screen with sound without the need for additional software.

Another possible method to record Windows 11 screen with sound is using your smartphone.

Step 1: Set up your smartphone on a stable surface or tripod with a clear view of your computer's screen. Make sure the entire screen is visible in the camera frame.

Step 2: Adjust the room's lighting and your phone's position to minimize glare and reflections on the screen.

Step 3: Before you start recording, ensure your computer's speakers are loud enough for the microphone on your smartphone to pick up the audio clearly. Then, use your phone's camera app to start recording.

Step 4: While recording, carry out the tasks you want to capture on your Windows 11 computer. Once done, stop the recording and save the video on your phone. You might need to transfer the file to your computer for editing or sharing.

This is one of the easiest methods to record Windows 11 screen with sound. However, the video size is much bigger than doing it on a computer.