Cumulative update KB5001330 fails to install

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone ! I am getting an error for installing update KB5001330 Windows 10 version 20H2. I have no idea how to fix the issue. I have troubleshooted windows update but it wasn't helpful. I have made 4 back to back attempts to install KB5001330 but failed every time. I am looking for your kind help. The latest update has the same issue we had been facing with KB5000842 in the last two weeks

171 Replies
I would add that many maintenance processes take time and you should not rush!
How can you install and why with USB older version - than you have already installed?
After all, this is a misunderstanding and a risk for the next installation!
You asked for an honest comment, but I'm sorry that no one here helped you because you wrote me so! Think you should apologize to everyone!
Glad that you managed to resolve the issue.

Just worth pointing out: Apparently 0x800f0922 indicates a general problem with the EFI partition, not limited to lack of space. In my case there was enough free space, but the update failed to install because of missing files in \EFI\Microsoft\Boot.
Hey Andrzej1 ! 1st and foremost Why on earth I have to owe an apology to everyone ? Dear We're not discussing something on social media platforms. This is happening with MS community buddies. And 2nd is that Why are you RESPONDING TO ME VERY AGGRESSIVELY ? Did I say something wrong , inappropriate or silly things to the community members ?
This isn't alone my problem. Hundreds and thousands people have been facing this issue in the every corner of the globe. Just calm down and let us work for a solution instead of messing things for others. I am and shall be grateful for your cooperation and bearing with me for some good news. Cheers Pal
All MTC members who have participated so actively in this and previous discussions about Windows 10 updates should describe their issues through the Feedback Center app for Windows and in the update topic to convey all possible messages and even a link to those discussions! It will go directly to the development teams, so you can help everyone! It is still worth taking the time to
AndrzejX, does Microsoft really have "development teams"? Do they actually spend any money on product development, or do they simply purchase outsourced junk from lowest bidder sources?
Look for even poorer quality, since Bill Gates is going to have to wring more cash out of the company for his divorce settlement.
I followed this to clear windows update files and the solved the issue. Its about a third down the page when you open it.
https://howtofixwindows.com/windows-10-update-install-error/

@Jauhar

Hello

On what basis do you write that hundreds and thousands of people around the world had the same problem as you describe?  In MTC I have not found that every new update is a topic for discussion!

I at MTC speak about my computers and my experiences and try to help!

Thanks for your help buddy ! Over and Out :)
Hello

I have a question if you installed KB5001391?

@frustrated_userbk 

Hello everyone!

One billion people use Microsoft Windows!

There is no system so versatile and cooperating with so many developers, its compatibility is constantly improved by great engineers from all over the world!

Errors are due to the versatility of the system and often software installed by computer manufacturers and their partners - which are very often outdated !

"Errors" are one thing. Microsoft has been ignoring this issue for months, Funny that Apple doesn't seem to have these issues. Of course, Apple is single-source and you need a home equity loan to buy an Apple computer.
And, I would trade those "great engineers from all over the world (translation: India and China slave labor) for the handful who originally built Microsoft. As for its "versatility," I would gladly trade that for the ability to switch back to Windows 7, or even XP. Of those "billions," probably 97% are like me and just need basic computing. Let the remaining 3% fiddle with their Registry, and all of the other "fixes" which have been mentioned on this thread!

@frustrated_userbk 

I find your comments about my financial status offensive!

MTC is not a place for such entries!

Then get off it and leave it for people who actually want to help. Correcting errors should be Microsoft's responsibility, not a bunch of gig workers.
I have the same issue. My whole Saturday spent on solving this issue but no luck.

I wasted 4-6 hours trying to troubleshoot this.

I tried all the solutions suggested here, with no change.

In the end the only way around it was to download & run the Windows 10 upgrade tool

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

run the full "Upgrade" - keeping existing settings blah blah.

Guess what? Now there's a NEW update that fails! A Windows Defender definition, or something like that. I will NOT take any further action; this one is 100% on Microsoft to fix!
They do have development teams, Windows WDX team. I dont think you're going to find fix for the issue by yakking here. please file issue (properly, instead of being a a-hole) in feedback hub, FBH can collect diagnostic information more than you shared here.

And Bill is no longer with Microsoft.

I dont know what you gonna get by posting such **** replies which has no mean to topic itself. I wonder mods haven't banned you despite violation of Code of Conducts!

@Jauhar 

The problem Microsoft won't tell you what are the missing files and components needed to install the updates successfully.  Now, it seems Microsoft have pulled KB5001330 and KB5001391 as I was no asked to download and install them despite previous failed installs. Also now, KB5001330 and KB5001391 are no longer listed as failed installs under Update History.  Instead, last night I was asked to download and install KB5003171 but the install stuck at 20% and failed due to missing files.  

Sorry, I am not sure whether it was KB5003173 or KB5003171 as it is not under Update History this morning but I am pretty sure its one or the other.