Cumulative update KB5001330 fails to install

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone ! I am getting an error for installing update KB5001330 Windows 10 version 20H2. I have no idea how to fix the issue. I have troubleshooted windows update but it wasn't helpful. I have made 4 back to back attempts to install KB5001330 but failed every time. I am looking for your kind help. The latest update has the same issue we had been facing with KB5000842 in the last two weeks

171 Replies

Hello
I again have no problems with KB5003173, on several computers, but I really understand all!

I tried three times and every time I get the blue screen...
Luckily windows automatically rolls back when I restart my PC, but it's been months and Microsoft still didn't solve the problem.
Curious as to see if they will do so soon...

@Deleted Failed message for KB5001330 has disappeared, but instead I have got Failed to installed for KB5003173. I don't know whether it is the patch for KB5001330. Also, it freezes my computer. My computer worked ok and all in a sudden there's no response. I though it was virus attack. It worked again after I reset my pc, but may be that caused the failed for installation. Hopefully, the next patch can fix the problem.

@Petercwpan 

Hello.

If it freezes, please restart several times and leave it in power and sleep outside business hours. this is a common symptom of an unfinished update!

@Petercwpan 

I think both KB5001330 and KB5001391 were pulled hence, you no longer get pop-ups to ask you to download and install them. Instead you are asked to download and install KB5003173 which I tried and failed to install.

Hi @Jauhar ,

over 100k views. insane :D

If you found a solution yet, dont forget to mark it as best answer.

Best regards,
Schnittlauch

"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch

My answer helped you? Don't forget to leave a like. Also mark the answer as solved when your problem is solved. :)
Vrote:
"First, No system is safe. Second, Aim for the impossible. Third no Backup, no Mercy" - Schnittlauch
Hi yes it's true! But the decision to mark the best answer is up to the Author and if he did not mark it, he is waiting for a solution!
And now, it seems, there is a whole new set of downloads with problems! I have been getting errors on various Windows Defender malware updates. It certainly seems as if Microsoft is imploding. Perhaps that is why Bill and Melinda are splitting.
I will absolutely NOT reinstall Windows 10 again!
Vrote:
I will absolutely NOT reinstall Windows 10 again!
Yes I agree with you if everyone reinstalled Windows because of the update
it really doesn't make sense!
I believe that over-concerned about messages is an exaggeration!
write what you think?
In the case of the latest problems, I agree. It seems that Defender updates are issued constantly; this latest will be corrected once Microsoft contacts their Third World coders. The previous cumulative update? Who knows! Microsoft does or doesn't do whatever they want.
Believe that such big changes that microsoft introduces in updates cause minimal problems, and the messages do not really make a need for confusion!
Windows is constantly being improved and the security that you are installing require you to delete multiple files and diagnostics must ensure full installation readiness is absolutely necessary!
No, "I" do not have to "delete" anything! If Microsoft is going to issue updates, it is THEIR responsibility to program those updates to be self-installing. PERIOD!!! This is not War Games, where all the users are master hackers.
And if Windows REALLY wanted to "improve," they would go back and reinvent XP!!
The weird thing is I turned on Background Intelligent Transfer Service and set it to Automatic, but after I retry the window update KB5003173 and failed. Background Intelligent Transfer Service stopped and it was set to manual. It must be failed at some point that did not turn the BITS on.
I explain this update service deletes files not user!
This is a replacement and the software is in the process of updating - diagnostics must confirm compliance and report errors !
Yes 100k plus views seems too much on a single discussion. I didn't see that coming :D
But Unfortunately all the tips and tricks posted by the participants in the comments never worked for nobody. The only best ways is to get back to these updates to reinstall the windows via USB Iso image or to reset the whole system this way I have reinstalled all the previous 3 KB updates, The latest one KB5003173 went smooth and installed without any error. I am yet waiting for a best answer to be marked as best response :(

@Jauhar 

You do not need to perform a system reset, The solution is...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Download and run Windows 10 installation media tool

Perform an 'Upgrade this PC now' of your system.

All your apps and setting remain in place, you lose nothing, you don't need to re-install anything.

I have tried and it didn't went successful.! Unfortunately....
It might only work if you are upgrading to a later build version. I tried upgrading my Windows 10 version 20H2 with a installation media created from a 20H2 Iso only for all changes to be reversed at about 99%. completion.
Hello 

This behavior goes to manually deciding when kb to be installed..... is correct and correct.

In the enterprise, most updates are installed based on the administrator's decision!  
Same with me. I set Background Intelligent Transfer (BIT) to Automatic and Running and when log into services.msc I have BIT on Manual and it doesn't show it's running