Cumulative update KB5001330 fails to install

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone ! I am getting an error for installing update KB5001330 Windows 10 version 20H2. I have no idea how to fix the issue. I have troubleshooted windows update but it wasn't helpful. I have made 4 back to back attempts to install KB5001330 but failed every time. I am looking for your kind help. The latest update has the same issue we had been facing with KB5000842 in the last two weeks

171 Replies

@Jauhar 

Hello!

I have a request to you!

Could you tell if your privacy settings in Windows > diagnostics and reviews are set as basic? Is full diagnostic data - optional are passed to Microsoft ?

I asked because it is crucial! I remembered the old days of my IT origins as I changed the settings to full diagnostic data then my computer stopped having problems!

Automatic diagnostics really helped me then! Please reply

Andrew

I'm not sure which version of Windows you are referring to. I am running 10, and the only "diagnostic privacy" setting option is On or Off/

@frustrated_userbk 

Hello

Of course, in all versions this setting is!

I added a screenshot in English, but in the privacy settings it is at the very bottom near the search history

OK. I found the location via another website.
Start > Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback.
Very well!
After a few days write how it works for you! I'm curious about your feedback!
In fact, it is a mutual exchange of diagnostic information and adaptation of solutions for the computer and updates!
My settings had already been total feedback. I have no idea why giving feedback to Microsoft would have any bearing on download errors. I continue to get:
Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2104.14)
Download error - 0x80070643

At this point I refuse any longer to acknowledge Microsoft's ineptitude. I will not pander to their lack of professionalism by attempting long, convoluted, and potentially damaging fixes (does ANYONE really think that editing the register is a smart idea?).
Gee, thanks for the link! I understood EVERY word!
And yes, I've been to the Microsoft "support" sites. Never any support from Microsoft itself; just people posting, often in machine language.
I just installed 21H1 19043.985 and I'm glad!
Some can configure the computer others can not! But it's not Microsoft's fault!
How did you get the iso file ? I understand currently the file is available only to MIcrosoft Insider Program members.
I managed to download 21H1 iso this morning from the following link:
https://wccftech.com/direct-download-windows-10-iso-files-for-version-21h1-32-bit-64-bit/

I will burn the iso onto a dual layer DVD and do a upgrade later.
Hello
Congratulations!
But what will users write who do not install?
This is not yet the official release of 21H1 so please do not force updates if there is no certainty that the installation will succeed because it is normal
For security, the installation is only for some computers!
You are saying this is still the beta version ?

@Deleted 

I most respectfully disagree.  It most certainly IS Microsoft's fault!  If they are releasing an upgrade and forcing is on all users, that upgrade MUST be written for the lowest common denominator user.  Very few people out of the 100's of millions of Windows 10 users are knowledgeable about computer software and hardware configuration.  If they want to release something that required a sophisticated user to install, it should clearly be identified as "OPTIONAL."

Sorry I'm not a Microsoft employee!
And in this case you are wrong!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-10/mark-updates-as-necessary-or-additional-in-a-compr...

I also see a problem in this!

Wrote:

SOFTWARE ⋮ WINDOWS 10 UPDATE
Direct Download Windows 10 May 2021 Update v21H1 ISO Files (32-bit / 64-bit)
By Rafia Shaikh
May 18, 2021 13:39 EDT
download windows 10 21h1 iso windows 7 windows 10 iso 32-bit windows 10
Windows 10 May 2021 Update is live! After several months of Insider testing, the May 2021 Update, version 21H1, is going live for the public. Like the previous versions, this would be a phased-out rollout, meaning not everyone would get it at the same time. However, through the ISO files, you can force and clean install Windows 10 version 21H1 on your devices without waiting for the official availability.

Direct download Windows 10 21H1 ISO files
Microsoft has released the Windows 10 21H1 ISO files, which are now available for download. Here are the links (valid for both Home and Pro) to download Windows 10 May 2021 Update:

Just-Released Windows 10 v21H1 Gets Its Own List of Known Issues Minutes After Public Release

Windows 10 May 2021 Update (64-bit)
Windows 10 May 2021 Update (32-bit)
For languages other than English, head over to Microsoft. As these links will expire soon (5/19/2021 5:29:44 PM UTC), follow the instructions below to easily download Windows 10 21H1, May 2021 Update ISO (HOME and PRO) for your devices:

Head over to the official download site [click this link].
Under Select edition drop-down, click on Windows 10 under May 2021 Update and hit Confirm. [There will be only one Windows 10 option since this works for both Pro and Home editions]windows 10 21h1 iso
Under Select the product language, choose your language > Confirm.
You will now see two tabs to download either the 32-bit or the 64-bit Windows 10 May 2021 Update. Simply click on the right one, and the download will begin.
Windows 10 May 2021 Update is another Service Pack-like release from Microsoft after versions 1909 and 20H2. This means for those of you who upgraded their devices to versions 2004 or 20H2, it will be delivered like a monthly cumulative update, significantly reducing the downtime and improving update experience.

As always, we don't recommend installing a new version of Windows 10 on your primary devices as soon as it's delivered. Waiting a couple of months helps see if there are any issues that could impact your devices or if your device will get into some compatibility troubles.
I understand and appreciate that you are not a Microsoft employee. And THAT is the entire problem! Why should non-affiliated individuals have to be providing technical support for any company's product? Why isn't Microsoft officially contributing to this discussion? Why should a company automatically send out defective updates, and then not be responsible for them?
I apparently had Update v21H1 ISO installed on 5/11/21. Since then, I have had continual errors with Windows Defender updates failing to install, so apparently Microsoft did something wrong, or at least did not do something right. Why as a user should I or anyone else be responsible for troubleshooting their products? The whole notion of "beta testing" probably came about with DOS 1.1, when Bill Gates realized he could get free software engineering from his users!

@frustrated_userbk 

I am very pleased with this answer!

MTC is not technical support for Microsoft users!

But I would also like the MTC Manager to speak in this important discussion!

@JauharI am unable to install the KB5003173 update (error code 0x800f0845)
I have tried:

1. Running DISM

sfc \scannow

3. Updating drivers and firmware

4. Running Update Troubleshooter

I haven't yet tried running System Repair Startup, I'll update after I try that

I tried upgrading my Windows 10 Pro X64 20H2 to 2!H1 X64. Although I had downloaded the 21H1 Iso I took the Update route. Everything seems to go well until the Updating Windows process which at about 95% complete which I thought everything was going well. Then, the screen changed to black the message "Undoing changes made to your computer ". So back to square one. The whole process to nearly 2 1/2 hours of my time. So I never got my Windows upgraded to version 21H1.

An upgrade on my current build Windows just won't work for some reason. The only option for me now is to do a custom clean install of 21H1 on the same partition as my existing Windows which will later becomes Windows.old. Although I don't have to re-activate I will lose all my applications - my data is stored in a 2nd drive.