Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while.

Copper Contributor

I have WDS and MDT configured to deploy windows 10 to Lenovo ThinkPad 15 Gen2 along with network driver and all the things needed. Due to a minor misconfiguration right network drivers were not being injected. But when we are doing the same windows 10 installation through Bootable USB, we won't be including any drivers in that, but that still works. What I don't understand is the whole WDS deployment happens on the private network which doesn't need internet which I am being mandated for the process after MDT GUI has done its work the laptop restarts and saying "Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while." as the landing page and getting stuck there for hours not letting me go any further. Please help me understand the part where it says it is trying to connect to Microsoft and getting stuck meaning it is trying to connect to internet when there is no need for that.

4 Replies

@Bhanu_Prakash_ 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Windows 10 space - please post Windows 10 questions here in the future. 

@Bhanu_Prakash_ Did you get a resolution to this problem perhaps?

It is mostly a network connection issue. Please connect the device to a mobile hotspot and try again.