Sharepoint User Permission

Copper Contributor

Hello All!  

Looking for some help here.  I am looking for a way for a user with no access to a list to pull specific info from the list.  They will not be able to see the info pulled, but due to the sensitive nature of the info, I specifically cannot have them have any way to view the list.  In my testing, the only way I can make this possible is by giving them read permission, which also allows them to view the list if they find a link to it in my site or go to site contents and directly click on the list.  Is there any work around to this that anyone can suggest?

3 Replies

@Brennan_McGarr why on earth would you want them to pull the data without giving them the ability to view that data? Why are they doing that? What is the use case for this?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Rob_Elliott 

I built a daily report using Infowise.  When my foreman selects the employee that was on the jobsite and applies time to that employee, what is happening in the background that the foreman cannot see is that an action goes to my database and finds the entered employees cost to the company and does the calculations for reg and OT based on entered hours worked.  The problem is the action runs based on the user permission who is entering and I want the information to come through, but I dont want the user to be able to access that sensitive company info.  

I can hide the accessibility of the pulled info in my form, but if I give them "read" permissions to be able to pull the info, then through site contents, they would have the ability to access the list, which I cant have, or at least I need to give them the ability to make this work and then provide absolutely no direct means of accessing the list.