Custom Button based on another column

Copper Contributor

Here's what I'd like to do if possible.'

I have an HTML column called "Purchase Request Documents."  This is automatically filled by a Flow after a successful approval.

What I would like to do is add another Column with a "button" which dynamically changes the href to the link from "Purchase Request Documents."  Is something like that even possible?

I already have a "button" using a single line of text column and some column formatting but the issue with that method, is the link href is hard fixed in the column formatting.

1 Reply

@Jamesonp 

If you have a hyperlink stored in another column in list, you can use it in your JSON formatting using internal name of column having hyperlink stored.

You have to use the internal name in this format: [$InternalNameOfColumn]. You can get the internal name of your SharePoint list columns by following this article:  How to find the Internal name of columns in SharePoint Online? 

Here are some examples of JSON formatting with hyperlink and button you can refer:

1. SharePoint Online: Download files using JSON Formatting 
  2. Download Image from SharePoint Image column using JSON formatting 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.