calendar web part on modern pages

Iron Contributor

Any chance we can get an ordinary calendar web part on our modern pages?

Events web part is not enough and the group calendar is only for, well, groups :)
We have the need for a modern page with a monthly calendar showing.

75 Replies

@Mahmuda 

You need to add a Content Edit Web Part. See my comment above on how to do that. I've attached the web part if you need to import it like I did.

Hi @Dsienkowski 

Thank you for your reply.

I followed those steps, however, on my modern page I am still getting all the left-hand side options and top ribbon. How can I get just the calendar? See below image.

clipboard_image_0.png

Sorry for not replying quicker. I’ve been on a long vacation until now. I’ll get the steps used in this and put them upon this thread shortly.

@Mahmuda 

Your embed code looks to have extra stuff in it. use:

<iframe width="100%" height="625" src="YOUR-CALENDAR-URL?Minimized=true&?isdlg=1"></iframe>

Replacing YOUR-CALENDAR-URL appropriately. 

Thank you! @Dsienkowski This definitely worked to minimize the calendar. 

Hey @Beth Hall , I'd like to try out your solution but it seems the site you linked has been blocked. Is there another place you have posted it for me to see? I would really appreciate it

Definitely. SP management seems to have lost their way on this attempt to have modern but with reduced functionality in so many areas. Will hurt MSFT in the market if they dont' get this sorted ASAP. I've been an Insider since the 1980s, the last time I saw a stuff-up of this magnitude was with an MS Access release where we *all* said "No, it isn't right, it isn't ready". This looks like the same kind of mess; they really need to listen to the feedback from those of us who work in production with their products every single day. Thanks for highlighting the discussion threads. Will take a look.

I am sitting with Microsoft today looking at roadmap and features and I am seeing that "in their mind ahead" plan there is calendar experience within SharePoint!  So maybe, just maybe, something is coming that will get us excited?!?!

Hello @CANDEman403 

any good news about a calendar web part?

--

Regards,

Marco

Still looking for an update to this also

I am still currently using

<iframe width="100%" height="605" src="https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/Lists/Calendar/calendar.aspx?Minimized=true" scrolling="no"></iframe>

which is working ok

@WC_KStill @Marco Mangiante 

There was nothing brought up on the roadmap when I spoke with our Microsoft guy a few months back.  I have another appointment with him in August for the few months ahead.  I shall make a point of asking him about this then!

I am also having to use the embed function to put a calendar on the page of a modern sharepoint site.

Ok so Microsoft have revealed the reason why they haven’t done anything about a calendar view in modern SharePoint site...it’s because they have released Calendar view for Microsoft Lists!! This is their big news. I’m not super impressed to be honest.
Modify the height attribute in the iframe to a lower value than 1000. (The unit of measure is pixels).
Publish the page and examine the result.
Modify as needed.

@Malene Friborg 

Microsoft is currently rolling out the calendar view feature for modern SharePoint Online and Microsoft lists, Roadmap.

Using this you can create a modern calendar view in your SharePoint lists and you can add these calendar views to modern pages. Check below links for more information:

1. Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists
  2. Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page  

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Dsienkowski 

Can you please tell me how to hide the following ribbon on a calendar? 

Thanks

@nipW try following this guy's article
It's actually really quite good and works especially for when embedded a calendar to a sharepoint page.