Automatically Refresh Page

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have created new page on my SharePoint online site,

I add list as new web part. When new Item is created or modified page do not shows , it need to be refreshed, to show changing.

Is it  possible to make refresh page automatically?

So that the user does not have to refresh page manually

3 Replies

@G-B-L 

Here is how you can enable List View Auto-Refresh:

1. Edit the SharePoint page where you added the list web part.
  2. Edit the properties of the list web part.
  3. Look for the "Toolbar" section or the "Miscellaneous" section, depending on the version of SharePoint you are using.
  4. Enable the option for "List View Auto-Refresh" or a similar feature.
  5. Set the desired refresh interval, such as every 1 minute or 5 minutes.

By enabling List View Auto-Refresh, the page will automatically refresh at the specified interval, and any new or modified items in the list will be displayed without requiring manual page refresh.

Please note that the availability and exact location of the List View Auto-Refresh feature may vary depending on the version and configuration of your SharePoint Online environment. The text and steps were created with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is not "Toolbar" section or the "Miscellaneous" :(

@G-B-L 

I apologize for the confusion. If the "Toolbar" section or "Miscellaneous" section is not available in the web part properties, it indicates that the List View Auto-Refresh feature may not be supported or enabled for the specific version of SharePoint or the type of list web part you are using.

In that case, you can consider using one of the previously mentioned approaches to achieve automatic refresh on the page, such as using JavaScript/jQuery or SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development to add custom functionality.

Alternatively, you can explore other options within SharePoint that provide real-time updates without requiring manual page refresh. Some options you can consider are:

1. Versioning: Enable versioning on the list to track changes. Users can view the version history to see the latest updates made to the list items.
  2. Alerts: Set up alerts on the list to notify users via email or other channels when changes occur. Users will receive notifications without needing to refresh the page.

These options can help users stay informed about updates without relying on manual page refreshes. Choose the option that best suits your requirements and available features in your SharePoint environment. The text and steps were created with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.