SOLVED

dreaded islands mode

Brass Contributor

Hi All.

I have a hybrid client that is moving from Islands to 'Meetings first'  however he is unhappy that historical chat he had in teams have gone and wants to move back to islands :( 

1. Is there a way to get hold of the teams messages he had via exchange online. 

2. he wants to use teams and force all chat features via teams... as far as i am aware this will not work as federated messages will be sent to skype.

Can someone clarify these 2 items please.

Thanks

Ben

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @BenRooke 

Unfortunately there is no way to retain the Teams Chat messages when you apply any of the Skype for Business Modes (Skype for Business Only, Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration, Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration & Meetings).

You cannot go to the mailbox and looks for those messages either, no option.

The only way to properly do this is move to Teams Only mode ASAP for the users that can, federation and phone calls will land in Teams

You should stay away from Islands mode as much as you can because there is no interop with Skype for Business at all.

I have other customers also needing to byte this bitter pill but it all comes to how Teams was introduced in the first place and proper planning did not go into introducing teams correctly.

Grts,

Johan

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @BenRooke 

Unfortunately there is no way to retain the Teams Chat messages when you apply any of the Skype for Business Modes (Skype for Business Only, Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration, Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration & Meetings).

You cannot go to the mailbox and looks for those messages either, no option.

The only way to properly do this is move to Teams Only mode ASAP for the users that can, federation and phone calls will land in Teams

You should stay away from Islands mode as much as you can because there is no interop with Skype for Business at all.

I have other customers also needing to byte this bitter pill but it all comes to how Teams was introduced in the first place and proper planning did not go into introducing teams correctly.

Grts,

Johan

View solution in original post