SOLVED

Cannot use Teams

Copper Contributor

I am a Microsoft 365 personal user and I am trying to access webinars from the governing body of my workplace which are being held on teams.  The company I work for does not use teams, but these webinars are on it.  When I click on the link to join the webinar it tells me to download the free app.  I have done so but I cannot login.  I do not understand - if it is a "free" app - why I am not able to use it.

I just want to view the webinars provided by my governing body.  I am trying to use my personal Microsoft ID to do so as that is all I have (I work as a LifeGuard and we do not use computers so I do not have any kind of computer login in my workplace).

I spent nearly 2.5 hours talking to the Office 365 helpline but they were unable to help me and directed me here.  Please tell me what I need to do in order to view my webinars on Microsoft Teams as a Personal User.

Thank you.
Kind Regards
Dave

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OptikaNETso for using Microsoft teams you need to signup for an account I know you might already have your personal Microsoft ID / Account like Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, or live.com but you need to have a teams account using any of those accounts you have or you could totally signup for new free account that will be used with Teams,

here is the docs on how to create teams accounts hope this resolves your issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sign-up-for-teams-free-70aaf044-b872-4c32-ac47-362ab29ebb...

I previously tried that, and clicked on the link on the welcome email.  It didn't make any difference.  The support person I spoke to said I didn't have a Teams account even though I showed them the email.  I actually tried it twice, once with my Microsoft Account and once creating a new account with my webmail address.  Didn't work either time.

I missed a webinar today because I couldn't get Teams to work.

When clicking the link to the webinar, you could select to join via the web client (browser). If the webinar is available for the public to join, you will get prompted for your name (does not need to an account, just "Dave"), then join.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OptikaNETso for using Microsoft teams you need to signup for an account I know you might already have your personal Microsoft ID / Account like Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, or live.com but you need to have a teams account using any of those accounts you have or you could totally signup for new free account that will be used with Teams,

here is the docs on how to create teams accounts hope this resolves your issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sign-up-for-teams-free-70aaf044-b872-4c32-ac47-362ab29ebb...

View solution in original post