Default Android Apps

Copper Contributor

I recently purchased a Surface Duo 2. I am using Android Enterprise in Intune for enrollment. I am using "Corporate-owned, fully managed user devices". I have allowed access to all apps including third party apps. When I setup the device without Intune management, I get all default apps. When I enroll with Intune, many of the default apps are not loaded and some cannot be loaded. 

How can I 'manage' this device in regards to security, display settings, etc... and not have the default apps affected.

1 Reply

Hi @Michael Hayward,

I'm assuming you mean the system apps that are installed by default. Most of the system apps are not available to end-users when they enroll for a fully managed Android Enterprise profile. You'll need to add and deploy the system apps you want the devices.

Before you continue, make sure you have one device that is not enrolled. You will use this device to find out the package names for the system apps you want to enable for end-users. There are several ways to find the app package name and one of the easy ways is to install an app like "Package name viewer 2.0"

1. Install the app on your unmanaged device
  2. take a note of the system apps and the package name. For example on my Android device the phone system app has a package name com.samsung.android.incallui.
  3. use this info to add the app

You can enable and deploy an Android Enterprise system app in Intune using the following steps:

• Go-to Apps > All apps > Add.
  • select Android Enterprise system app.
  • add the app details like App Name, publisher and package name (see step 1 and 2 above)
  • assign the system app as Required
  • test and see if it works like expected.

Also have a look at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/apps-ae-system