Intune - assignement of apps - Android

Copper Contributor

We enroll android devices with work profile. 

So we enroll a android device and there is a seperate "work" area with a google play store app. Inside this google play store app in work area, we would like to place apps as teams, outlook, excel etc - so people can go in there and download them if needed to their work area

If I scope Outlook for Android to "all users" or "all devices" as "available"- and go into the google play store app inside work area it does not appear. If I instead "require" the install it will auto install on devices

Is there no way to make them only "available", so users can download them on their own if they need them. Think if we just default install them, users will say why do install these apps as some maybe only need outlook, while other needs Teams etc.

5 Replies

@rossonero What happens if you assign an Azure AD group with some test users in it?

It can take some time for the apps to show up in Company Portal. How long did you wait?

@rossonero 

In addition to all my colleagues comments above. The type needs to be Android Store App and make sure to select 'Show this app as a feature app in Company Portal' Yes.

Hope this helps!
Moe

I believe it needs to be a Managed Google Play store app. Once you add that in and make it available to user and device groups, it should appear within the work section of Google Play.
It should be an option for adding apps within the apps page of Intune.
That's a good point. I was under the impression that they were already Managed Google Play store apps.