SOLVED

Pivot Table not displaying all the data.

Copper Contributor

I have a file that has multiple pivot tables. For some reason the pivot tables are not pulling across all of the data from the source table. 

ToddTranservice_0-1697590103137.png

It will find the line of data and display the first column but not the rest of the associated data for that line. I've verified that the source table has the information. You can see lines 234288 and 234315 as examples.  The columns are just showing as blank. 

ToddTranservice_1-1697590152840.png

2 Replies

Hi @ToddTranservice,

it appears that the pivot table is not displaying all of the data because the "Show values as" setting is set to "Sum". This setting will only display the sum of the values in the value field for each row and column.

To display all of the data, you can change the "Show values as" setting to "Count", "None", or another appropriate calculation.

To change the "Show values as" setting, right-click on the value field in the pivot table and select "Show Values As". Then, select the desired setting.

Here is a link to an article that explains how to change the "Show values as" setting in a pivot table:
How to change the "Show values as" setting in a pivot table: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/show-different-calculations-in-pivottable-value-fields-01...

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

best response confirmed by ToddTranservice (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good morning,

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the instructions in the link, however there was no option for Show Values As as indicated in the solution.

I confirmed that the field settings subtotals were set to none. In the end, I found that if I chose expand field for all of the "missing" data that it displayed. I've run an update since and it does not seem to have reappeared at this time.

Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ToddTranservice (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Good morning,

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the instructions in the link, however there was no option for Show Values As as indicated in the solution.

I confirmed that the field settings subtotals were set to none. In the end, I found that if I chose expand field for all of the "missing" data that it displayed. I've run an update since and it does not seem to have reappeared at this time.

Thanks

View solution in original post