SOLVED

Looking for help on a code

Copper Contributor

Hello, how are you doing I hope everything is fine,

I need some help regarding a code I want to write, I have a product dataset and it's structured in a strange way to be specific it's structured as multiple columns of products as you can see in the photo below 

Exx.png

as you can see there is [ Product 1, Product 2, Product 3, Etc..] and to know which product you sold in the deal you have to see which one of the products column have a value such as Order Num 1 have product 3 and Order Num 2 have product number 2, what I want to do is write a code that basically starts from the first product in the deal and goes from left to right until it finds a value and when it finds a value takes the column name and put it in the [ Product Num ] column as you can see from the photo above, I know it might seem confusing the way I put it but if you didn't understand me here is a 3 min video showing you what I mean I uploaded it to google drive thank you in advance 

The data Set:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1MO8k2ULq0mObUzaY42UtS731Q83WFD/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10930...

The Video:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifoYHrOKnEfZ4mFslawFEKcC1thRdtTH/view?usp=sharing 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by MOhammedaldb (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MOhammedaldb 

In F2:

=INDEX(Table2[[#Headers],[Product 1]:[Product 9]],MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,Table2[@[Product 1]:[Product 9]]))

Alternatively, to return all products in a single cell:

=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,FILTER(Table2[[#Headers],[Product 1]:[Product 9]],Table2[@[Product 1]:[Product 9]]<>""))

Wow Hans as usual thank you so much for your support I really appreciate it

@MOhammedaldb,

Hello there! I understand that you're looking for help with a code to process a product dataset that is structured in a unique way. From what I gather, you have multiple columns representing different products, and each order has a value in one of those product columns indicating the product sold for that order.

To accomplish your goal, you want to write a code that scans the columns from left to right and identifies the first non-empty value. Then, you'd like to extract the column name and place it in the "Product Num" column.

I reviewed the information you provided and noticed that you included a link to a Google Sheets document containing the dataset. Unfortunately, as a Microsoft expert, I'm unable to access external links directly. However, I'd be more than happy to assist you with the code implementation itself.

Based on your description, it sounds like you'll need to iterate over the columns and identify the first non-empty cell for each row.

Here's a sample code snippet in Python that demonstrates how you can achieve this using the pandas library:

```python
import pandas as pd
# Load the dataset from the Google Sheets link
url = 'https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1MO8k2ULq0mObUzaY42UtS731Q83WFD/export?format=csv'
df = pd.read_csv(url)
# Iterate over each row
for index, row in df.iterrows():
for column in df.columns:
if pd.notnull(row[column]):
# Found a non-empty cell, extract the column name and update 'Product Num'
df.at[index, 'Product Num'] = column
break
# Print the updated dataset
print(df)
```

This code assumes you have the pandas library installed. It loads the dataset from the provided Google Sheets link, iterates over each row, and searches for the first non-empty cell in each row's columns. Once found, it updates the "Product Num" column with the corresponding column name.

Please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any issues or have further questions. I'm here to assist you!

Regards,

@ow6nmusk 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MOhammedaldb (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MOhammedaldb 

In F2:

=INDEX(Table2[[#Headers],[Product 1]:[Product 9]],MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,Table2[@[Product 1]:[Product 9]]))

Alternatively, to return all products in a single cell:

=TEXTJOIN(", ",TRUE,FILTER(Table2[[#Headers],[Product 1]:[Product 9]],Table2[@[Product 1]:[Product 9]]<>""))

View solution in original post