Printing a document

Copper Contributor

I am trying to print a document.  Looks great in Word, but when I print it has a wide margin on the right hand side.

Have tried and tried to get it to print as it should. Does anyone have a solution.

doco 2.jpg

4 Replies

@Lesley2475 

Click on the Whole document to get a menu of what to print and make sure that Markup is not checked. (It will be checked by default.)

Charles_Kenyon_0-1707322709083.png

The wide right margin in printed documents indicates that there is some sort of markup in the document, perhaps one or more comments or tracked changes. Even if there is such markup on only one page, the wide margin for it is reserved on all pages.

You may be hiding these in the document view, showing only the final copy. To eliminate the problem, you can accept all changes.

Track Changes

Thank you so much !! I would never ever have worked that out in a million years. Much appreciated. Lesley.
You are welcome! I threw me, too, the first time I ran into it.

@Lesley2475 

To add to what Charles has said, you may also have to delete all comments in the document. These will also print in the Markup area, but not necessarily display in that area (unless you turned off the so-called modern comments).