Hyper-V Replica Network for failover clustering

Copper Contributor

I have a Server 2019 Failover Cluster that we use for S2D and are starting to move VMs over to. I've added a dedicated network card for Hyper-V and that works fine. I am now trying to add a dedicated network card for Hyper-V replication. From what I can tell I am able to add it and the cluster sees it. I've made it available to the cluster and to clients. I gave each member of the cluster a static Ip with no gateway on that nic then installed the hyper-v replica role and gave it an IP on that same network. However it just doesn't seem to want to work correctly. Im getting Event ID 1205, 1069 and 21502.

1205 says the cluster service failed to bring clustered role 'RDS-Replica' completely online or offline

21502 says Hyper-V Replica broker RDS-Replica failed to start the network listener on destination node StorageNode02 no such host is known.

I'm guessing this is due to I told it to not register the network card in DNS since this network isn't going to be able to reach anything other than other Hyper-V host. 

My end goal is to replicate these to a dedicated Hyper-V box at the same site and will have a dedicated adapter on the same layer 2 network.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Replies