Windows 11 taskbar issue

Copper Contributor

Hello, recently i've upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and everything is running smooth except for the UI for taskbar it's all the same as 10 and start menu along with search are not working so is there anyway to get the UI of windows 11 and make them work?

54 Replies

Somebody posted a solution on the feedback hub. Check it out.

https://aka.ms/AAdbpak

Too late for me though. I already deleted my account, installed Win 11 and added my account again to get the correct taskbar.

It's showing your account does not have access to view this
That just means you're not signed in.
Version 22000.132 has the same issue for me.
Found a solution! Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso?wa=wsignin1.0 on your PC and download the ISO for whatever W11 insider build you want. Mount the ISO and launch the setup.exe, then when it asks you click the option to keep everything (apps and files). It will reinstall Windows but keep all your apps and files, so it's basically just replacing system files. Then after it finishes your taskbar should be fixed!

@Hardeep Singh 

In my case I have neither. Jut a black stripe.
If I position the mouse cursor over the strip , it changes to the hourglass.

And additionaly the computer is very slow without having any app running.

CPU 1% - 4%

Mem: 15%

Disk 0% -10%

Network 0%

(Each time I type, letters apperr 2 seconds later)

As show here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/pgtpea/taskbar_will_not_load_cannot_open_start_menu/hbdw...

Temporal solution:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell\Update\Packages" and created a DWORD by name "UndockingDisabled" with a value of 1. (The start menu of windows 10 will be available to do some basic stuff)

@Mohamed_Gamal1535 i have a similar problem, my taskbar wont show up at all and i can'

t open more than one app/tab at time time.  not even restarting my computer works

Apparently i am have same issue tried many diferent ways but for now i could only see the solution of resetting pc when i finish i would check for better details...
Open task manager then go to user and select the user account then right click manage user Account. Now you can access the control panel then go to control panal home select date and time just change the date to 2 days future and click ok. Try this this will definitely works
This needs fixed asap dam it this is totally unacceptable fix the Taskbar issue please
So i reset the win 11 went from scratch, but still having problems with the win edge wont open and cant even download whatever i had installed from before...
Hope an good update will come soon.
This is the official temp fix:

Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
Step 5: Paste the following: reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.
Tru buddy, because i had to reset the pc until last time...
Guess what had to install everything i had back and my microsoft edge doesnt work...
Maybe if they update this a fix bug i might install chrome for backup.:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

windows taskbar is not working fixed. not any show app work@Mohamed_Gamal1535 

@Pick1ehead BRO YOU'RE A LEGEND TYSM

Same thing happend I left my laptop updating overnight then in the next morning I opened my laptop and then the taskbar was gone I can't open windows settings, search bar and other it's really hard to operate the system without explorer if I try to open explorer the program won't respond then I have to open task manager by pressing Ctrl + alt + del and press restart on the explorer to close program and also I tryed restarting my laptop multiple times and restarting the explorer multiple times but didn't work now I can't do anything if I try to do an update I can't no power button option to restart, sleep or shutdown so please micrsoft fix this problem with an auto update becuase I cant do anything
Bud like i said the only way i found was resseting win 11