Audio not working at all

Copper Contributor

Prior to my trying to fix my audio issues, I was getting sound from my "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) driver. However, now I'm not getting anything at all. The only audio comes out from my monitor.

What my original issue was, was that my PC wasn't detecting any input devices from my front panel audio or from the back panel. I went into Device Manager > Browse my computer for drivers > Let Me Pick > Generic software device. Then I went back to Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes. Then I believe my audio stopped working.

I then did the same thing Device Manager > Browse my computer for drivers > Let Me Pick  but changed it to Audio Endpoint. Then Scanned for hardware changes. And nothing changed, audio still doesn't work. 

I then tried to disable the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) driver, restarted. Enabled. Restarted. Audio still doesn't work.

Went into Settings > Sound > Advanced audio settings > Reset, audio still not working.

At this point, I'm out of solutions and appear to be in a worse spot than I was originally.

2 Replies
I'll also add the running the trouble shooter didn't detect any problems.
Refer other suggestions provided in this community guide, see if it helps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooting-audio-problems-in-windows-11/b...