User Permissions

Copper Contributor

Good day to you all,

I have a SharePoint list which is populated by a PowerApp, I have selected users getting an error saying they don't have permission to view the list despite them having edit and contribute access, even when giving full control it still says it.

These lists have been changed from inherits from parent to unique permissions and then the users have been added. Has anyone come across this? Only other information to add is it is a barcode list and they are using a barcode scanning app, which 100's of other users are and they aren't getting this issue.

Thanks,

Edd 

5 Replies

Hello @Edd_Keogh

ok strange, have the users enough rights to the parent? 

Best, Dave

Hi@David Mehr 

They don't have access to the parent as there is parts that they shouldn't have access to, is there a way to not give access to parent and just the unique permission to lists?

Thanks,

Edd

Hello @Edd_Keogh 

i think that's the issue, maybe Power Apps wan't access to the parent. Give access to the parent and try again.

Best, Dave

Hi Dave,

If I give the users access to the parent they will be able to access lists that they shouldn't be able to though?

Thanks,

Edd

Hello @Edd_Keogh 

only when the lists inherit permissions from the parent. Best case is, you try it with a testuser.

Best, Dave