SOLVED

Settings menu shows getting started twice

Brass Contributor

Hello - 
I am wondering if anyone can explain why I have Getting Started twice in my Sharepoint Settings.
Attached are screenshots that explain.Sharepoint Getting StartedSharepoint Getting Started

7 Replies

Hello @the_catfix 

is it a new site? Or have you migrated this site from anywhere else?

Have you the same experience, when you create a new SharePoint Modern Teamsite?

Best, Dave

This is the main page for SharePoint. It features all of the sites that I frequently visit in Favorite. I don’t know what this opening page is called, but it has a globe icon.
This is not a new site. I recently by the 360 Dynamics sales professional license. However, I doubt that would affect my SharePoint environment.

Hello @the_catfix 

ok. When you wanna use fully SharePoint experience, create a new communication site and set this as home site, after that you can use viva connections in Teams. You can find more about it here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/home-site

Regards, Dave

Thank you!!!! How did you know that?

I know how to setup Communications sites and Teams sites but I have been looking for this answer for some time with another site i setup.
best response confirmed by the_catfix (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@the_catfix Here are few links to articles related to settings home site in SharePoint online if it helps:

1. Set up a home site in SharePoint Online 
  2. Set up a SharePoint home site from the SharePoint admin center 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I haven't migrated a site.
Honestly I am giving up on Sharepoint. I can't dedicate the amount of time it takes to figure out what is legacy and what is new. The framework is not ready for production and has been a waste of my time.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by the_catfix (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@the_catfix Here are few links to articles related to settings home site in SharePoint online if it helps:

1. Set up a home site in SharePoint Online 
  2. Set up a SharePoint home site from the SharePoint admin center 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post