Private Draft

Brass Contributor

Is there a way to enable private drafts on existing SharePoint pages?  We are using SharePoint as our intranet site and pages get updated all the time.  It would be nice to share the draft to others for approval or review before republishing any changes to existing SharePoint pages.

I only see 'private draft' option when creating new SharePoint pages. 

4 Replies

@Tamras1972 Maybe you can try using Content Approval settings for site pages library for creating a new version of existing site page and send it for approval and publishing: 

ganeshsanap_0-1685001269295.pngThese settings can be found at library settings > versioning settings.

DocumentationRequire approval of items in a list or library 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thanks. I'll give it a try.  

@ganeshsanap I've used one of your PowerShell scripts before.  Thank you!  Is there a way to convert an existing site (saved as draft) into private draft in PowerShell?

I'm reading through this page but my experience with PowerShell is very minimal.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-powershell

@Tamras1972 Unfortunately, I don't think currently there is any way to move site page as private draft using either PnP PowerShell or CLI for M365.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.