Powerapps form stops working when creating new item

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a Powerapps form for a Sharepoint list, nothing fancy it just grabs dropdown values from another list.

Since today when clicking "New item" I get "This app stopped working" or the form loads infinitely. Here is a session ID: f38ce014-8035-4961-9a84-d5a9db6261bb

This happens on the lateral screen; when using the direct link; or when directing from user pages I have created.
It occurs on different browsers, computers and in private navigation.

Only doing a hard reload each time it is accessed allows the form to show and work properly and that's not a solution my end users will be comfortable with.

I've tried several solutions or workarounds such as:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/App-Stopped-Working-Refresh-your-Browser/td-...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-caching-problems-with-lists/m-p/2870798...

Do you have ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

3 Replies

@Clem_Vincette 

There could be several reasons why the form is not working as expected.

Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Clear browser cache: Clearing your browser cache can help resolve caching issues that might be causing the form to malfunction. Make sure to clear the cache for all browsers you've tested.
  2. Check SharePoint list connections: Verify that the connections between your PowerApps form and the SharePoint list are properly configured. Ensure that the dropdown values from the other list are still being retrieved correctly. You may want to test the connections and refresh the data sources to ensure they are functioning properly.
  3. Review recent changes: If the issue started happening recently, consider any changes made to the SharePoint list, PowerApps form, or any related components. Check for any updates, modifications, or changes in permissions that could be causing the problem.
  4. Test with a different form or list: Create a new PowerApps form and test it with a different SharePoint list to see if the issue persists. This will help identify if the problem is specific to the form or list you're currently working with.
  5. Review PowerApps service status: Check the Power Apps service health status page (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/service-health) to see if there are any known issues or disruptions with the service that could be impacting your form's functionality.

The text and the steps were created with the help of AI.

My answer is voluntary and without guarantee.

Hope this will help you.

hi@NikolinoDE, thanks for the response.

I've tried the following:
1. Cleared all caches, tested on a new machine and new browser that had never accessed the Sharepoint site
2. Connections seem fine in PowerApps and don't show performance issues. When the form does show after a hard reload, all dropdowns fill properly, including with data coming from other lists
3. There was no change to the app before the issue started occurring (today). I went into it and republished it in case that somehow refreshed the connection after the problem appeared.
The only difference on the Sharepoint end is that new aspx pages were created with buttons linking to the "new item" form and users were given permissions to these pages (and to lists needed to fill the form, either read or edit based on the list).
4. I just created a new form for a different list and get the same error/behavior (either error message or form not loading)
5. the link you provided does not work for me

@Clem_Vincette 

Since you have already tried several troubleshooting steps and are still encountering the issue with multiple forms and lists, it is possible that there might be a larger issue at play.

Here are a few additional suggestions to try:

1. Check SharePoint service health: Visit the SharePoint Online Service Health Dashboard (https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/servicehealth - Registration with a personal account is not possible here. Use your work account instead) to check if there are any known service disruptions or issues reported by Microsoft. If there are any ongoing issues, it might be impacting the functionality of your PowerApps forms.
  2. Verify SharePoint permissions: Double-check the permissions granted to users for the SharePoint lists and pages associated with your PowerApps forms. Ensure that the necessary read and edit permissions are correctly assigned to the users accessing the forms. Also, verify that there are no conflicting or overlapping permission settings that could cause issues.
  3. Test on a different SharePoint site: Create a test SharePoint site and replicate the setup with a basic PowerApps form and list. See if the issue persists in the new site. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your current SharePoint site or if it is a broader issue.
  4. Try a different PowerApps environment: If you have multiple PowerApps environments available, create a new environment and try creating a form and connecting it to a SharePoint list there. This can help identify if the issue is specific to your current environment.The text and the steps were created with the help of AI.

If these steps do not help either, I'm at my wits end regarding your topic.

My answer is voluntary and without guarantee.

Hope this will help you.