SOLVED

Modern Site Question

Brass Contributor

Using SharePoint online we have a company intranet site created using the classic 2013 style sharepoint. I recently created a user account for first release access and was thinking of creating pages on this site using the new modern layout and new features provided in the first release to prepair for when its stable to release it. Any issues you have seen with doing this? 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Brian Knutson (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I believe you should be able to make Modern pages without First Release being turned on, as long you're creating pages from a Site Pages library. Modern features are pretty stable these days, and the only things that might not be are the ones labeled as being in Preview.

I would highly discourage building anything using First Release while the rest of your users are not--we have had issues where things created in First Release don't behave well for our users that are not in First Release (and vice-versa).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Brian Knutson (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I believe you should be able to make Modern pages without First Release being turned on, as long you're creating pages from a Site Pages library. Modern features are pretty stable these days, and the only things that might not be are the ones labeled as being in Preview.

I would highly discourage building anything using First Release while the rest of your users are not--we have had issues where things created in First Release don't behave well for our users that are not in First Release (and vice-versa).

View solution in original post