SOLVED

Modern site home page focus is not at the top of the page

Deleted
Not applicable

When I open up any SharePoint modern site home page to start off with you see the top of the page but then almost immediately the page automatically scrolls down so the focus is at the middle or bottom of the page.

I have set my pages up so that the News stories are at the top of the home page so users can always see the news first. However the focus of the page is scrolling past the news so you see the middle or bottom of the page.

This is happening on both pc and mobile access.

How to I make sure that when a user opens a site and the home page opens the focus is at the top of the page.

Thanks 

54 Replies

I'm of the same opinion as those of you who are thinking lists and libraries are the culprit. I have a List (Preview) on the home page and I swear that thing is the last to finish loading, so the page anchors / focuses on that. 

Here's what MS responded with this morning regarding the issue/fix:

"I had a discussion with our engineering team and it seems like that disabling flight or rollback of the code didn’t resolve the issue for document library web part.

But they have already deployed a permanent fix for this and it should rollout to your tenant within 1-2 weeks. I know this can be an inconvenience but I would recommend that in future just to keep a select no of users in ‘First Release’ experience so that bugs in  new enhancement have less impact".

Looks like this issue is fixed on the tenant we are on - hope the same for you!

Just seen that it's been fixed on our sites as well.

I have confirmed that this has been fixed for our Tenant as well. Thank you everyone for sharing your info!

Confirmed fix. It Works on our page Again. (Y)

Rock on MS - good credit when they fix and respond.  See you at Ignite

Just confirming the fix that MS rolled out to all tenants also addressed the issue at hand within our environment.

Same on our page as well. We've got a Newsfeed there and it always jumps to the bottom of the newsfeed box, which basically is the end of the page.

I've reduced now the size/length of the newsfeed, so it matches the length of the other column of the page and I was certain that on another SharePoint page I've seen a setting to configure this behaviour, but I can't find it again. :(

Any news from MS side or anybody found a solution yet?

To delete this newsfeed from the page is not a valid solution to my mind.

Hi, can you please point me to the fix that needs to be installed?

So I can then open up a ServiceDesk Ticket in our organisation to check if installing this fix is possible in this decade. ;)

You need to wait until the fix is rolled out to your tenant.  If you are not signed up for "Targeted release for everyone"  under your settings/organization profile in the admin center, then you will probably need to wait for an unknown amount of time until they push it out to everyone.

We are also experiencing this issue but the problem is that the page auto focuses to an embed web part which I am using to display an O365 calendar.

I'm seeing the same issue with a page that has the newsfeed lower down. When you navigate to the page it jumps to the news. Is there still no real fix for this other than moving the webpart?

It's 2023 and I'm still having this problem, so 2-3 weeks seems to be 4+ years
Same here. GCC. Jumps to an embedded list and the users have to scroll back to the top because there are buttons at the top of the page.... Sigh.