SOLVED

Modern site home page focus is not at the top of the page

Deleted
Not applicable

When I open up any SharePoint modern site home page to start off with you see the top of the page but then almost immediately the page automatically scrolls down so the focus is at the middle or bottom of the page.

I have set my pages up so that the News stories are at the top of the home page so users can always see the news first. However the focus of the page is scrolling past the news so you see the middle or bottom of the page.

This is happening on both pc and mobile access.

How to I make sure that when a user opens a site and the home page opens the focus is at the top of the page.

Thanks 

54 Replies

This is happening to my site page as well.   A list webpart was added to the page and now once the page loads, the focus jumps to the webpart.  This needs to be fixed asap.  I told microsoft support about this months ago.

Yep. Happening on my site too. I have a document library on the home page.

Same problem, waiting for resolution.

Two weeks since their last reply and still the same issue - Agility is something else!

We are having the same issue.

Just been notified we at having the same issue here - any updates anyone??

Gosh I hope update on this by at least ignite conference in Orlando.  Really an issue for our adoption of Sharepoint as our corporate standard and reflects bad on me and MS.

Have you guys tried using embed webpart instead of document library and linking to the document library? You get a similar (and more options) view of the library similar to the web part and it might be a work around to the issue for now. Just get the URL to your library / view etc. And paste it into Embed. Give it a whirl. Let me know if that helps.

The issue seems to be have been resolved within our tenant and here is the unofficial response from MS:

“Flight has been disabled for this and customer is no longer facing this issue. Customer had set himself to first release target in his subscription.. That's why some of the new features had affected his tenant.. 

He can set himself to standard release option in his subscription” 

Hope this helps anyone else that has experienced the issue at hand.

Gosh, I wish - I am still having the focus issue.   I may try putting in the webpart vs the library / list, as suggested by a previous response - I will report back.   Grazie!

Also not sure where you set the release target.

I was in contact with Microsoft. They found the bug :) ETA for release in production would be in 2-3 weeks. 

Cheers

Bernd

Agility, let's see how many days 2 to 3 weeks are for Microsoft ... ;)

I have the same issue with the News web part at the top of the page. Does it focus on the Hero web part?

Re: Christopher Webb's embed idea:

Thanks for this suggestion.  This does appear to eliminate the page scroll problem, but gets a bit tricky getting the formatting to fit in your space.  You lose some of the features like max rows to display. If you aren't using a One Column layout, you'll need to set the height and width of the iFrame to get it to render correctly with minimal horizontal scrolling (all depending on the number of columns and their widths in your view, etc.).  Definitely a workaround, not a fix.

Came in to the office today and sure enough...the issue is now back...I'm exchanging emails with MS right now and have escalated the ticket again...hoping to get something back from MS regarding what occurred on Friday that fixed the issue and now on Monday...the issue is reappearing tenant wide...

That's interesting...I was doing further testing this morning and it does not appear to be an issue with the Hero Slider web part...which I also had suspicions of when the issue started. I tested a page that had both the Hero Slider and Document Library web parts...and as soon as I removed the Document Library web part...the issue went away.

As far as I can tell, this issue revolves around two web part types.  Document Library and List.  Hero has not affected my tenancy.

I tried the embed option as well. And I agree - this would only be a work around for some situations.