SOLVED

Events Web Part

Copper Contributor

I have created a new Team Site on SharePoint Online (first one ever attempted). I then created a page and added the events web part to the page – here I added lots of events.So far so good.

I then created another page which I wanted to be a similar page as above with a different list of events. So I added the events web part to this 2nd page but the event web part it added listed all the events from the other page. I wanted an empty new events web part so I can a different set of events. I cannot see how I can create a new events web part. Surely there can’t be a limitation of one events web part list per Team site? Especially on different pages? How do add a separtaeemty evetns web art?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Rich_G10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rich_G10 you have a couple of options:

Go into Site Contents and add an App - select Calendar (this creates a new events list)

In the Events web part on your page, you can then select this 2nd list to display events from.

2019-09-12_16-54-11.png

Alternatively, you can put all the events in the one calendar / events list, but use the Category field to differentiate them - so then you can configure one Events web part to show events of one category, and the other one to show another category.

@Rob EllisThank you so much! Really helpful.

No problem! Don't forget to click the 'Mark as best response' option on my post, so we can help other people.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rich_G10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rich_G10 you have a couple of options:

Go into Site Contents and add an App - select Calendar (this creates a new events list)

In the Events web part on your page, you can then select this 2nd list to display events from.

2019-09-12_16-54-11.png

Alternatively, you can put all the events in the one calendar / events list, but use the Category field to differentiate them - so then you can configure one Events web part to show events of one category, and the other one to show another category.

View solution in original post