SOLVED

Add New Event Issue on Modern Events Lists

Iron Contributor

When adding a new event from the modern events web part or list, SharePoint navigates to the following URL: /_layouts/15/Event.aspx?ListGuid=36db15ff-dd21-4246-9961-c7605ccbfb55&Mode=Edit. If you were to copy the URL and open it in a new page or refresh the current page after it loads, the following error is shown. This did not happen previously and seems to be a bug recently introduced. Did something change on the backend for the Event.aspx page recently?

pmcgown_0-1715105376132.png

9 Replies
Yes, we have the same problem. Started to get new tickets from end users this morning.

@gu_johan @pmcgown 

Seems like issue with multiple SharePoint tenants, might be an issue at Microsoft end.

Try raising support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior. Follow: Get support for Microsoft 365 - Online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Evgeniia Firsova - I see you helped resolved a similar issue several years ago (Events Webpart - Can't create new events - Microsoft Community Hub) - Would you be able to also assist with this issue?

Having same issue on our tenant as well. Users reporting today.

@Mark Kashman, know of anyone who may help us track this down?

Pinged one of our broader "pages" owner to help find good Events web part SME - off which, I'll share this forum thread and see if we get any insight.
Thanks for the assist, Mark! It seems pretty widespread, so hopefully we can figure out what's going on quickly.
best response confirmed by pmcgown (Iron Contributor)
Solution

As far as I know, the issue was resolved Friday night. Please check.

I can confirm, this is resolved. Thank you for letting us know!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pmcgown (Iron Contributor)
Solution

As far as I know, the issue was resolved Friday night. Please check.

View solution in original post