Drag and drop files

Copper Contributor

We're getting reports from users that it seems no longer possible to move files in a document library (from within a folder to a subfolder for example) using the drag and drop functionality. Until recently this was possible. 

We've been able to replicate this issue using Chrome, Firefox, IE as well as Edge.

Does anyone have an idea what the idea behind this change is and whether we can expect this functionality to be available again?

6 Replies

@Sacha_Defesche

What browser do the users typically use?

Is this on windows 10 devices?

Seems possible still on both my first release tenants. Has to be something local with your setup. Can you replicate for all users, including yourself? Have another tenant to try?

@tweetiepie1983 Mostly WIndows 10 devices, indeed.

@Chris Webb 

Can you replicate for all users, including yourself?

Yes, that's the case.

Seems possible still on both my first release tenants. Has to be something local with your setup.

Ok, that's interesting to know. Thanks for that piece of information.

Odd thou, cause I don't recall any settings that would prevent this. You are in Modern UI? I'd try a complete non corporate machine, and see if you can do it. If not or machines aren't allowed then will have to think of next steps to try and narrow down.

@Chris Webb 

Yes, quite odd. The modern UI is standard for all users. We've just discovered that the functionality is still available on classic view though. 

Good advice, thanks! I'll try a non-corporate device to see if the issue occurs there as well.