SOLVED

Roadmaps tables missing after installing Project for the Web in a new environment

Copper Contributor

I've just installed Microsoft Project Service core and the Project Management Office Accelerator to a new environment. This appeared to be successful (apart from a known error with one of the flows in the Accelerator), and I and was in the process of setting up a PowerBI dashboard from the template when I encountered a "key didn't match any rows in the table" error, affecting all the Roadmap tables:

Rob_H68_0-1698761261764.png

Checking the tables in the environment, I find no tables matching msdyn_roadmap, while they are present in the default environment. I find 24 tables matching msdyn_project in both environments.

Have I missed a step, or is there something else going on? I do notice that there are two entries for Microsoft Project Service Core under Resources > Dynamics 365 apps in Power Platform Admin Center

(I didn't notice this when carrying out the initial install). Going into Details for each of these, I can't see any difference:

Rob_H68_1-1698761640064.png

Thanks,
Rob

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Rob_H68 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rob_H68 The issue is Roadmap is only available in the default environment, which is a different url that your named instance. If you want Project for the Web and Roadmap reports in the same set of reports:,

1. Open the .pbix file
  2. Go to Power Query
  3. Create a new Roadmap URL parameter with address
  4. For each Roadmap query, update the Source line with new Roadmap URL parameter
  5. Refresh queries
    FYI - There is already an idea submitted to allow Roadmaps in a named environment, click the link and vote Deploy Roadmap in a different environment · Community (microsoft.com)

Thanks, @RFromm.

This does seem rather clunky, Have upvoted the idea.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rob_H68 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Rob_H68 The issue is Roadmap is only available in the default environment, which is a different url that your named instance. If you want Project for the Web and Roadmap reports in the same set of reports:,

1. Open the .pbix file
  2. Go to Power Query
  3. Create a new Roadmap URL parameter with address
  4. For each Roadmap query, update the Source line with new Roadmap URL parameter
  5. Refresh queries
    FYI - There is already an idea submitted to allow Roadmaps in a named environment, click the link and vote Deploy Roadmap in a different environment · Community (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post