SOLVED

Project Keyboard Online Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

Copper Contributor

I've noticed that the Project Online keyboard shortcuts listed in the official link below don't seem to work.  Some do, but some don't.  In particular I'm trying to expand/collapse a grouping in grid view using Cntrl+Spacebar, but all it seems to do is select all tasks.  I've tried a few different keyboards, made sure I'm set to a US keyboard, made sure sticky keys were off, but no success.

Has anyone else had an issue with these keyboard shortcuts?  Doing some searching not much comes seems to come up for troubleshooting.

Keyboard shortcuts in Project Online - Microsoft Support

2 Replies
best response confirmed by jeffrey2285 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
jeffreu22985 --

The keyboard shortcuts are for the Project Web App feature in Project Online. Since you mention the Grid view, it sounds like you are using Project for the Web and NOT Project Online. If you ARE using Project for the Web, the referenced keyboard shortcuts are not for you application. Sorry, but hope this helps.
Ah, I see that now. You are correct. Thanks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jeffrey2285 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
jeffreu22985 --

The keyboard shortcuts are for the Project Web App feature in Project Online. Since you mention the Grid view, it sounds like you are using Project for the Web and NOT Project Online. If you ARE using Project for the Web, the referenced keyboard shortcuts are not for you application. Sorry, but hope this helps.

View solution in original post