Configure Flow Options SharePoint Library

MVP

In SharePoint Online document library we have a Flow button and from it you can configure flow options.  On choosing Request Sign off a pre-configured flow is available from that button when an individual document is selected.  When Content Approval is chosen, no pre-configured flow is shown and a flow needs to be created either from a template of from scratch.  Is this anticipated behaviour or am I missing something? (screen shots below show the button and configure options)

flow.pngflow2.jpg

After searching for a while I cant find the answer though I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before, so hoping someone can confirm the correct my understanding.

8 Replies
I'm seeing same behavior and IMHO this is not the way it should work

Thanks - at least I'm not the only one.  I thought both were supposed to give pre-configured flows.

I'll have to dig up when the Content Approval came out, but there were a couple prereqs behind it, such as turning on Content Approval in advanced settings on the library and a few others things that I think are required before this shows up.
Interesting. when you set that option it actually does turn on Approvals for the library and turns them off when doing Sign-Off. But there should be a separate Content Approval flow I assume? Juan use your connections and find out :)

Hi @Sara Fennah

In case it helps, Laura Rogers had a segment on this topic during the Online Flow Conference in December. See beginning at 1:05 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6P4S6bamk

She included a little chart of which options are available in which approval mode, which I thought was helpful.

Whats up Flow Fans! Welcome to the First ever, All online, Free, Microsoft Flow Conference! Today you will see some of the best Flow speakers in the World presenting learning, use cases and tips for Microsoft Flow. Part 2 starts to take us from Beginner to Intermediate, and shows some real world ...

I am seeing the same issue. While the video did explain some of the options I am sort of still expecting a default flow to appear, or at least some explanation of what to do. Right now the "Content Approval" option is totally useless to me. 

@Craig Blake Did the Content Approval issue ever get cleared up? I am still seeing the behavior discussed in this thread.

Anne

@annetoal There is no default content approval flow.  You have to build a custom flow.  The best place to start is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/modern-approvals.