SOLVED

Partner verification is totally broken & not fit for purpose.

Brass Contributor

The entire system is an utter shambles. Just look at the number of posts form partners worldwide who have been partners for years yet now can no longer get verified.

I too have been a partner for over 20 years and I've been trying since October last year to get these issues fixed. Wasn't an issue until I signed up to the CSP program. I truly wish I hadn't bothered. I have been round and round and round. I have submitted every document under the sun. Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation, Letter on headed paper, DUNS certificate, Bank Statements. I just constantly get back that "the documents do not match the information you entered for your account"

I raise support tickets, I email, they don't read them properly, they just send a standard response back. You reply to the response email and then get an email back saying "Deleted Not Read" so they are clearly ignoring anyone's responses to their meaningless emails. The portal doesn't work properly, it displays conflicting information. The Fix Now buttons don't work. I get an email stating my CSP is verified but my MPN ID isn't. Then I check on the portal and it says both are unverified. So how can they send an email saying its verified and then the portal says it isn't? I email and ask, they respond with "the documents do not match the information you entered for your account"

I ask them on email please be clear about what they want changing, they respond with "the documents do not match the information you entered for your account"

They are like particularly dim robots. They haven't a clue, and they don't care. This is what happens when you outsource.

Microsoft are happy to take your money but it seems they no longer want to have their small business partners. Why don't they just own up and say rather than getting rid of us all by wearing us down by this method? If they cared they would engage properly and have someone from the Team involved in this forum rather than poor Jill who is not part of the verification team and has to field all these postings.

I am utterly tired of the whole thing and seriously just considering ditching the entire partner program. Who needs the constant stress and mental anguish!

17 Replies
Had very same experience recently. 2 Month of back and forth with document rejection and no particular reason or explanation. Than chao - we will not verify you further. What a joke.
best response confirmed by JillArmourMicrosoft (Community Manager)
Solution
Update to my post. As I mentioned like many UK small businesses we trade from our trading address and our registered office is listed as our Chartered Accountants. Ever since I first enrolled as a partner 20 or so years ago the address in the partner portal has been the trading address. In desperation this morning I decided to change the address to the registered office address, couldn’t make the situation any worse by trying.

Within 10 minutes both my CSP and AI Cloud Partner (MPN) verification status changed to Authorized!

Why couldn’t they have just told me this? After all these months of back and forth, canned email responses, multiple sending of documents, forum posts etc. All they had to do was say, I mean it makes no sense, half the supporting documents I sent had the trading address and others had the registered office, it just depended on the type of document. But apparently it’s the Registered Office address they want you to use on your account.

I still stand by my comment that the system is broken. Seems to me it’s a case of “make work” from the verification team. Perhaps they have to justify their existence and resource allocation – who knows!!

All I can say to quote the great Darts player and commentator Wayne Mardle is “WHY WASN’T I TOLD!” It would have saved months of stress, hours of time. All they had to do was communicate the issue and advise on what to fix, its not like I didn’t ask multiple times by email!

Suffice it to say if you are a UK business use your Registered Address in the account details page, hopefully this might help.

@queeg505 Thanks for sharing what helped you get verified. Hopefully other partners will read this and use it to get through the process themselves.

I do agree the process is broken, they are aware and I hope they are making strides to improve it. 

Congratulations on your partnership! 

Hi Jill

Having thought that this was all Ok now and receiving an email saying everything is verified Ok on Thursday 15th and an email from vetting support on Mon 19th to also confirm it, I have now had on Tuesday 20th this week an email saying my CSP will be terminated in 30 days!! It doesn’t say why and it says I can’t even raise a support ticket and ask? What on earth has happened now and how do I go about finding out what the issue is now? Honestly I could cry!! I’ve wasted so much time and energy on this, just renewed my Action Pack at a cost of £468 after my successful verification and now this!!

Mark

"Microsoft Partner Agreement (“MPA”) and Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (“CSP”) notice of suspension and termination proceedings
This is regarding your company’s Microsoft CSP account with tenant ID <Ive redacted the ID for security> You can download the applicable agreement on the Agreements page of your CSP Partner Center tenant.
Pursuant to the Term and Termination section of your agreement, please be advised that effective 30 days from the date of this written notice, your CSP account will be suspended, and termination proceedings will begin. After the 30 days from this written notice, your company will no longer be authorized to transact as a CSP, and your company will no longer be authorized to manage any CSP customers through the Partner Center portal or be eligible to earn incentives and benefits related to CSP.
Please be advised that our support teams will not be able to provide any additional information regarding this notice. Any support tickets raised will receive a response reiterating this stance. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.
For general information on our CSP program click here"

@queeg505 

Hi, please check this information again, and log in to see the regulatory information:

The Microsoft Partner Agreement (MPA) for CSP - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn

Hi
Done that, Partner ID is showing as active, CSP Reseller Program Info Indirect Reseller status is showing as Active, CSP is listed under Agreements and the status is showing signed and accespted by muself as the Global Admin.
Regards
Mark

@queeg505 

If there is nothing in the profile, what's the problem?

"Microsoft Partner Agreement (“MPA”) and Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (“CSP”) notice of suspension and termination proceedings
This is regarding your company’s Microsoft CSP account with tenant ID <Ive 

Exactly thats my question, what is the problem, why are they saying it will be terminated in 30 days? The issues with verification were finally resolved and 5 days after that they send a termination message?

@queeg505   

I think it's a mistake, the information in the profile is decisive, the lack of a warning after logging in is positive information in my opinion!

Yes it appears it was a mistake, a couple of days ago I got an email with a rescission of notice of suspension and termination proceedings. I suspect it maybe crossed over with me finally getting verified after such a long time battling with it! Anyway Im not going anywhere near changing or editing anything on the admin side now it working. Touching that is like poking a wasps nest!

@queeg505 

Thank you!  🙂

I like happy endings! 

Sounds like some of you in this thread have been lucky. I have been trying for 5 months to get verified so I can just intergrate SSO properly. OH my how unhelpful and anti competitive microsoft are being in this whole process is amazing. I was once told by someone completley out side of the partner canter that my business address was blocked but after some back and forth they agreed that as there was over 4k companies registered at the address the company they where attempting to block was not us.

They let us proceed a little in the process but again just keep repeating the same nonsence that "The application to join the program was rejected because it failed Microsoft standards review."
I have asked multiple times for a copy of the "Microsoft standards" but get the same junk response as above.

I am really stuck and microsoft are causing real damage to organisation with this inept process. You need to sort it out now!!!!!! We are all just companies trying to do our jobs here and you are making it impossible.

How about reaching out to some well known youtuber to drive this portal issue to the public and how Microsoft is bullying developers.
Just about everything that has to do with the Microsoft Partner Portal is a scam.
Since the beginning of this month I'm trying to get enrolled to the Hardware Program - today the ticket got closed and nothing is resolved.
Oh I'm fully Authorized but still cannot enroll, I lack permissions (as Owner of the Account).
Microsoft forces people to buy the EV Certificate - to spend money and is not resolving its own problems, Microsoft itself earns money from that and does not deliver accordingly - maybe we should explore legal options?
I have just learned it's not possible to create a ticket for this. The Ticket system which allows messages with max. 80 characters has a selectbox where appropriate options should be selected.
There is no such appropriate selection "Hardware enrollment failure".
The Microsoft Support will just close tickets if they are not in the correct section for them.

So at the end the customer will be left over with a 700$ certificate which Microsoft required him to buy to join the Hardware program, if he's lucky he will pass the Partner verification (we also had issues with that but it somehow worked out for us), but in the end we are not able to join the hardware program because the system says we are already part of it ... it just doesn't show up 🙂 And we cannot create any ticket either to escalate that problem at Microsoft.
I have the same problem and been trying to get approved since April

@JillArmour, if there is anything you can do to guide me in the correct direction that will be great!

@GurveerB please see the best response for what this partner did to pass, it may help you. 🙂

Do you know how much effort it is to change a business address? Do you also now that there are an lot of fully remote organisations out there that do not have a phsyical address and therefore need to use services like Chartered Accountants as registered addresses?

This is not a valid option for many many many organisations.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JillArmourMicrosoft (Community Manager)
Solution
Update to my post. As I mentioned like many UK small businesses we trade from our trading address and our registered office is listed as our Chartered Accountants. Ever since I first enrolled as a partner 20 or so years ago the address in the partner portal has been the trading address. In desperation this morning I decided to change the address to the registered office address, couldn’t make the situation any worse by trying.

Within 10 minutes both my CSP and AI Cloud Partner (MPN) verification status changed to Authorized!

Why couldn’t they have just told me this? After all these months of back and forth, canned email responses, multiple sending of documents, forum posts etc. All they had to do was say, I mean it makes no sense, half the supporting documents I sent had the trading address and others had the registered office, it just depended on the type of document. But apparently it’s the Registered Office address they want you to use on your account.

I still stand by my comment that the system is broken. Seems to me it’s a case of “make work” from the verification team. Perhaps they have to justify their existence and resource allocation – who knows!!

All I can say to quote the great Darts player and commentator Wayne Mardle is “WHY WASN’T I TOLD!” It would have saved months of stress, hours of time. All they had to do was communicate the issue and advise on what to fix, its not like I didn’t ask multiple times by email!

Suffice it to say if you are a UK business use your Registered Address in the account details page, hopefully this might help.

View solution in original post