Where are my signatures?

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I have two accounts in Outlook 365. From one day to the other (read: upgrade of Office probably) I still see the signatures in the ribbon under Signatures and can choose them, but when I want to adjust a signature via the Signatures menu, the signatures have disappeared. This concerns an IMAP/SMTP account and my colleague has the same problem.

Do you know how I can regain access to my signatures so that I can adjust them again? I can still see them in the folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Signatures\

Thank you in advance. 

2 Replies

@DeetjeW2023 

for regaining access to your signatures in Outlook 365 you can try to disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature. Here are the steps:

1. Close Outlook.
  2. Open the Registry Editor.
    • Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
  3. Navigate to the following key:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General\.
  4. Create a new DWORD value named DisableRoamingSignatures.
    • Right-click on the General key and select New > DWORD Value.
    • Name the new value DisableRoamingSignatures and press Enter.
  5. Set the value to 1.
    • Double-click on the DisableRoamingSignatures value and enter 1 in the Value data field.
    • Click OK.
  6. Close the Registry Editor.
  7. Restart Outlook.

Once you have disabled the Outlook roaming signatures feature, your signatures should be available in the Signature menu.

Troubleshooting Outlook roaming signatures (missing/duplicated signatures): https://www.codetwo.com/kb/troubleshooting-outlook-roaming-signatures/

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thank you Leon! It worked. Unfortunately for my colleague it did not work, but I think he will contact you too.