One Drive files on demand in Windows 11 issue - navigation in the explorer content

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm experiencing onedrive slow when navigating folder to folder in the explorer content. However, if I navigate in the left column, it is lighting fast. This issue only happening in Windows 11. Updated Windows and Onedrive to the latest version, the issue still persist.

Is there any solution right now? I'm not using iCloud or any third party sync drive. 

3 Replies

@AlexSG There are well-publicised performance problems in the newly updated Win11 File Explorer all over. It's not a specific OneDrive issue - I notice it with DropBox files and local files.

If your File Explorer has tabs and doesn't allow drag and drop between folders in the path name then you're stuck with the rest of us.... 

https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-file-explorer-lagging/

Hi Mike,

In my environment, the Windows 11 is running on Multisession non persistent. Beside one drive, the OS also mapped to netapp storage and azure file storage. Both of this type of storage, navigating in the content explorer is seamless and no issue with lagging (icon become cicrle, loading).

I attempted your suggestion but unable to see any improvement. Even before this the OS already set to maximum performance.
any news here? I have the same issue.. win11 and onedrive.. left nagiation is fast and on the right it takes up to 50 seconds to open the folder